• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Parc Soleil

Purseval

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a stay at the HGVC Parc Soleil on Palm Parkway. Since it was just the 2 of us all we needed was a 1 bedroom unit, which had plenty of room. When you enter the first thing you see is the kitchen/dining area. Click on any picture to enlarge it.

3532po4.jpg

and the living room

e8a0ix.jpg

106m3d3.jpg

The kitchen has granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a dishwasher and was fully stocked with utensils, dishes, cups, etc.

2rmr1wz.jpg

2ibg3cx.jpg

There is also a small cupboard near the kitchen with a washer/dryer combo

2hg457t.jpg

The living room has a sliding glass door that opens up to a deck, which has a table, chairs and a lounge chair for laying out in the sun. If you look at the picture of the table you can see a walking trail in the background that goes around a lake if you'd like to go for a stroll.

eqdvfn.jpg

Our unit was on the 14th floor, room 1418. If you look off in the distance you can see Epcot, the Tower of Terror, the Earful Tower and the Dolphin/Swan. You can watch the fireworks every night. Those of you with small children may notice that the balcony is not screened in. When we travel with our grandchildren we stay at the HGVC Seaworld location for that reason. This is geared more towards adults.

153v8k9.jpg

The bedroom had a King-sized bed (very comfortable, btw), sitting area, tv and plenty of storage/closet space. The closet also has a safe in it to store any valuables you don't want to lug around with you.

xf2suh.jpg

The bathroom had dual sinks with granite countertop, a massive walkin shower and a deep soaker tub that actually filled via water falling out of the ceiling. As part of some silly green initiative the tub isn't jetted so political correctness trumps comfort. There is a separate toilet area with doors on both sides to access it either from the bedroom or the kitchen area.

w05bb9.jpg

2jfay4o.jpg

For more pictures of the hotel and grounds plus descriptions of the other units you can go here:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotions/HGV_fl_parc/index.jhtml

One thing to take note of is that when you book they try to charge you more money for a one bedroom preferred, one bedroom premier, etc. This is Orlando, not beachside in Honolulu or even the difference between a lagoon/castle view or something else. Pay the cheapest rate you can. If the place isn't totally booked up they will give you whatever room you like anyway.

The Parc Soleil is an elegant getaway for adult travelers. The only small downside I can think of is the location, which is actually quite convenient as long as you have a car. You are minutes in either direction from Universal, Downtown Disney or Seaworld. Along the way to Universal you pass a large post office, a Walmart, a Whole Foods market for folks who like organix and a hospital in case of emergencies. Going to the right gets you to DTD and all that Disney has to offer within minutes and with no need to use the interstate for any of your travels. It is also an easy ride to the airport. If you don't have your own transportation I would recommend someplace closer to the actual sites you would be visiting.

Thanks for the review. We are heading to Parc Soleil in less then 10 weeks and are looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads-up on the multiple types of 1 bedrooms units. We are all paid for so I have no idea which type of room we will get.

Can people still see the pictures? If I go into edit mode I see the links and if I paste the links in I see the pictures but I can't see them here. If they are being blocked I can post them to a different site like Tinypic.

I can't see the pictures but would love to. They look like broken links to me.

Thanks for the review, this place is on my "to stay" list!

Looks great and I think I just narrowed it down to that hotel for our next trip in Feb....hopefully will be booking this week. I saw it on Expedia for $127 a night for a studio (just DD and I) is that a good price?

Just so you know, a lot of the things you see in these pictures aren't in the studio.

Studios include a fully-equipped kitchenette with a microwave, mini-refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, toaster, flat-screen TV, DVD player, wood-style floors, bathroom with shower only. They have 1 King-sized bed and no sleeper sofa like you saw in these pics. They about 368 square feet, which is 500 square feet less space than this suite. Still very nice but not as nice as this. The kitchenette would have been fine for us since all we really ate in the room was toast and coffee but my wife likes to relax with a hot bath at the end of the day so a studio wouldn't fit our needs.

Pricewise, it depends on when in February you are going. If it's President's week that's a busy time for the entire area. The rest of February would be considered a slow season so you could find a deal if you searched around.

Just so you know, a lot of the things you see in these pictures aren't in the studio.

Studios include a fully-equipped kitchenette with a microwave, mini-refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, toaster, flat-screen TV, DVD player, wood-style floors, bathroom with shower only. They have 1 King-sized bed and no sleeper sofa like you saw in these pics. They about 368 square feet, which is 500 square feet less space than this suite. Still very nice but not as nice as this. The kitchenette would have been fine for us since all we really ate in the room was toast and coffee but my wife likes to relax with a hot bath at the end of the day so a studio wouldn't fit our needs.

Pricewise, it depends on when in February you are going. If it's President's week that's a busy time for the entire area. The rest of February would be considered a slow season so you could find a deal if you searched around.

Yes I have seen pictures of the studio and it will be fine for just me and DD since we will be at Disney or shopping most of the time and hubby will only be there a few days. Thanks!

Hi,

Has anyone stayed here recently? How was your experience?

Also, what are the pool hours and do they allow inflatables in the pool?

Hi,

Has anyone stayed here recently? How was your experience?

We're here right now. It's just like the last time, only warmer. We're on the 10th floor this time instead of the 14th but we still have the WDW view. Probably stick around to watch the fireworks from the deck then head over to DTD for a stroll.
Also, what are the pool hours and do they allow inflatables in the pool?

7am-11pm and they allow inflatables in the main pool. I don't think kids are allowed at all in the side pool but the main pool is where all the cool stuff is anyway. The pool uses chlorine but it was so mild I thought it was salt water the first time I went in it.

Here are some pictures of the pools, taken early this morning before the crowds came, the waterfalls got turned on, etc. This first one is the quiet pool as seen from the 10th floor

fdx0cj.jpg

Here is the main pool from the same location. That tentlike structure you see near the back is the covering for the children's playground

ix8h79.jpg

See if you can spot SeaWorld in this picture:

2pt6vxd.jpg

A ground level view of the adult (their official name for it is the "reflecting pool", where you lay back and reflect on the day in peace and quiet) pool.

xl9j4m.jpg

This is the water slide. During the busier hours water pours out of those 2 columns on either side. You might also notice a float rope. In front of that rope is an area that's straight and long enough for my wife to swim her laps (she normally swims about a mile a day). The water in that area is around 4 and a half feet deep and marked off for lap swimming.

fn8opw.jpg

Looking towards the 100 tower

wvwimd.jpg

My wife need to make a Skype call I'll post more later :)

We love the pitures that have been posted. We are looking forward to our presentation we are convinced Hilton is the way to go. Any suggestions on what week we should purchase. We did one with them a few years back at Sea World and did not buy because we were not financially set. Any suggestions on how to get the best price and those freebies they offered. We were hoping the price went down due to the economy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter