Hilton Head Question

jeanninepl

Mouseketeer
I read on one thread that Hilton Head does not have any sit down restaurants or lounges. We usually like to have a relaxing dinner and drinks after a day at the beach. Are there enough restaurants and bars close by?

I read on one thread that Hilton Head does not have any sit down restaurants or lounges. We usually like to have a relaxing dinner and drinks after a day at the beach. Are there enough restaurants and bars close by?
There are quite a few restaurants within an easy walk and many more within a reasonable walk. To me the best part of HH is the restaurants.

On the Disney property itself they offer a couple of quick service type dining options. They use to have a small Bar/walk up area at the Beach House pool area. They still offer the adult beverages but closed the small bar area and moved it into the Tide Me Over quick service area. Across the marina (totally walking area) you will find a good handful of dining sit down restaurants. We have eaten at each of these at least one time and find them very handy. Our last trip to HHI this year in May we actually went to a more upscale dining restaurant in the Marin side and it was FANTASTIC. I would go there again in a heartbeat but again it comes with a higher price tag...just for your awareness.

Across the main highway and in the section where the Disney Beach House is located (Palmetto Dunes) there are a few dining options there as well. On the HH IslNd as a whole...SO many dining options!

Hope that helps!

I'm not sure, but did I read that the bar recently closed?

The Surfmen's Sand Bar is now closed but adult beverages are still vailable at Signals, the snack bar at the Beach House (open 11am - 4pm). Tide me Over is the snack bar next to the Mercantile at the resort itself. They are open from 8am - 5pm.

The Surfmen's Sand Bar is still listed on the Disney site as "Open Seasonally" - but it was closed 2 weeks ago with signage removed, during the busiest time of the year.

The Surfmen's Sand Bar is now closed but adult beverages are still vailable at Signals, the snack bar at the Beach House (open 11am - 4pm). Tide me Over is the snack bar next to the Mercantile at the resort itself. They are open from 8am - 5pm.

The Surfmen's Sand Bar is still listed on the Disney site as "Open Seasonally" - but it was closed 2 weeks ago with signage removed, during the busiest time of the year.

Thank you for the correction! You are SO right it is Signals over at the Beach House and not Tide Me Over. Guess I lost my mind there for a moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter