• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hilton Head Island number of nights question

Bad Llama

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

This year we’re finally in a position to go to HHI with our 2 teenage sons. We’ve never been before but have heard so many great things that we’re super excited.

we ca potentiality go for 10 nights in August, but would really appreciate your views on what you think the optimum length of stay would be with teenagers. We’re definitely up for pool, beach and cycling and sightseeing to explore HHI and the surrounding area, but do you think 10 nights is too long? We could shorten the stay and split and do a few nights at WDW maybe but would appreciate your thoughts based on your experience. We definitely want a relaxing vacation!

Thanks
Andy

Early August or late August? Late August is hitting prime hurricane season.

Hi everyone,

This year we’re finally in a position to go to HHI with our 2 teenage sons. We’ve never been before but have heard so many great things that we’re super excited.

we ca potentiality go for 10 nights in August, but would really appreciate your views on what you think the optimum length of stay would be with teenagers. We’re definitely up for pool, beach and cycling and sightseeing to explore HHI and the surrounding area, but do you think 10 nights is too long? We could shorten the stay and split and do a few nights at WDW maybe but would appreciate your thoughts based on your experience. We definitely want a relaxing vacation!

Thanks
Andy

We just returned from 12 nights at HHI, and it didn't seem too long. However, we didn't have teenagers with us. so our situation may have been different.

Next year, though, we may go for "only" 10 nights, which seems fine.

I enjoy the food at HHI but I'm not a giant beach person so 10 nights would be too long for me. 4-5 nights is plenty for me. I like the options and activities at WDW better for longer stays.

For our family, the longer the better at HHI. Lots of things to do on island (beach, pool, bike, kayak, paddleboard, fish), a day trip to Savannah, a day trip to Dafuskie Island...there are also shopping outlets just off island

We also took a trip to Charleston SC.
We always take at least one boat excursion. I think there are still fireworks in the area one night each week.

Hi everyone,

Thanks
Andy
Unless your family likes to golf a lot, I would think 5 nights HHI and five nights WDW would be just right. 10 nights at HHI would get boring for your teens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter