Highlands reserve villas.

CHARMINGMAN

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,Hope you can help me we are staying 1 week in the Highlands reserve golf and country club,Then 1 week in the Port richey area.Any information on these two areas would be appreciated,Ie restaurants,shopping,etc,ideas.We are leaving Manchester 13 july.

Hi,

We stayed at a Highlands Reserve villa in Feb. Its about 20 minutes from the parks , down on highway 27. But the villa was great and the area very quiet. That end of the 192 is less busy and not so cheap'n'nasty as the eastern side.

I haven't stayed there, but I have played golf at Highlands reserve. It's a nice looking developement and I would agree 20-25 minutes drive to WDW is a reasonable estimate. As Kevin says there isn't much in the way of restaurants etc in that area, your best bet is a 15 minute drive to the 192.

Welcome to the DIS

Thanks guys for your replies,Kevin didyou use the facilities at highlands reserve?Also did you drive from mco or sanford/We are landing at sanford picking up a 12 seat van from alamo,If you landed at sanford what was the drive like to the area,Tips and directions would be of great help.Anybody else know anything about the port richey area for our second week.

HI haven't done a trip report yet.

Didn't really use much outside of our Villa at Highlands , when we were home we were usually in the pool!

We Landed at MCO , my father navigated and sent us off heading north , so we travelled across to the I4 and went back down that to what was J25A , onto the 192 heading west to Tampa. At the end of the 192, past Publix where we did all our shopping, you join highway27 by way of a very tight radius slip road.

At peak times the I4 got very very busy around what was J27 , the 192 going west is less busy.

Have you seen the www.Highlandsreserve.com and www.Highlandsreservevillas.com sites?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter