HIFS - How are the shuttles?

fa mulan

And I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World."
Hi, If you stayed at the HIFS and used the shuttles, how were they?

Did you feel like you should have rented a car? My friends are going in December and have 4 kids and would need a van, so it would be an expense they'd love to do without!

Thanks in advance for your help!:cool:

ANY OFFSITE HOTEL including HIFS has limited, scheduled shuttles.
Try this link
http://www.hifamilysuites.com/shuttle.html
Note you're supposed to make reservations the day before.

I wouldn't stay offsite (DTD is OK) without a rental car.

I think your friends should either get a car/van OR change the reservation to onsite.

. . . for that link. I looked at it and agree they should probably rent a van if they stay there; the times are few & far between. Staying on-site would be best, but it seems harder for a family of 6 (4 kids under 10) to find an on-property room at less than luxury rates. Time to search the Boards for that topic!

If anyone else has actually relied only on the shuttles from HIFS, please weigh in!

Originally posted by fa mulan
. .
If anyone else has actually relied only on the shuttles from HIFS, please weigh in!

Why? The fact that some people are park commandos (I used to be) and can handle the schedule is irrelevant. With 4 kids there is a good chance that (at least once) they are going to want to go back earlier (or even later) than the schedule. If they are going to use the shuttles they MUST ADD IN A FEW CAB RIDES to their budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter