Hiding ducks on the cruise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. The cast members did not have that attitude about the hidden ducks. One was found by a guest during our Art of the Theme Show Tour and our host (cast member) was bummed she didn't see it first.
They’re not going to display an “Ugh” attitude about them to guests - especially if they think you’re excited about it.

I saw a couple of ducks but I left them where they were so that other people who were more into it could find them. Later my 13 year old niece was bummed that I didn't pick them up because the teen club was having a contest on who could collect the most ducks.

I saw a couple of ducks but I left them where they were so that other people who were more into it could find them. Later my 13 year old niece was bummed that I didn't pick them up because the teen club was having a contest on who could collect the most ducks.
How did the competition start? Was it in the navigator? Did they find out from a CM?

Seriously on the negative Duck Stuff?

As a couple who travel just the 2 of us, I can't think of anything less useful or more of a waste of resources than Fish Extenders. I don't participate bc I'd need to spend money and luggage space buying stuff for ppl I don't know, trying to find stuff they would like when I don't know them, in exchange for stuff other ppl tried to find that I would like when they don't know me. Then I'd probably throw most of it out and lug home, using luggage space, the stuff I kept probably to realize I don't really want it and throw it out at home. The FE stick out in the hall ways.

But, I know many ppl love it and I get that. If we ever take a cruise with our granddaughter, we'll probably participate bc I think she'd thing it was fun.

I didn't know about the Ducks until we got back from last week's cruise. I didn't see any, but I wasn't looking. I would have been all over it. I think rubber ducks are adorable and I have a collection in our guest bathroom.

Don't do what you don't want to do and leave other people alone.

As a couple who travel just the 2 of us, I can't think of anything less useful or more of a waste of resources than Fish Extenders. I don't participate bc I'd need to spend money and luggage space buying stuff for ppl I don't know, trying to find stuff they would like when I don't know them, in exchange for stuff other ppl tried to find that I would like when they don't know me. Then I'd probably throw most of it out and lug home, using luggage space, the stuff I kept probably to realize I don't really want it and throw it out at home. The FE stick out in the hall ways.

No worries, when you add your name and stateroom number to the list, there's a place to list some of your favorite characters, any allergies, and any special notes about your cruise (birthday, anniversary, first cruise)

3 of the rooms on my list were first time cruisers, so one of their FE gifts was a "Our first Disney cruise!" magnet for the door. One of my rooms had 2 young girls (4 and 1.5) so one of their gifts was a book mom could read to them at bed time. Another room, the mom put "any" as her favorite characters, so I gave her this super cute Bambi lanyard.

On the flip side, I put Monsters Inc as one of my favorite characters and one of the many gifts I was given were Mike and Sully charms for crocs. Luckily I own a pair, so on the shoes they went. I love it! Among other things, I was also given a personalized magnet, a princesses drink cup, a waterproof phone case, and a fun little book about how Ursula may have become the Sea Witch.

So they know a little about you when they're looking for gifts for each room.

We found three on our recent Wish cruise and re-hid all three. Not only do I not need toy ducks, but if I had that kind of extra space in my luggage, I'd bring more shoes and buy more Disney stuff to take home. Someone saw us re-hide one of the ducks and told his daughter that there was one nearby and let her "find" it because she'd been all over the ship looking for them so it was nice to see her excitement about it.

I’m only going to hide 12. Have Mardi Gras styling on them since our port is New Orleans. Might keep one for myself though. The group crazy excited about the ducks. I think it’s going to be ducks galore this time. My first time giving, one time giving to lost and found, last cruise was first time looking.

So, now I'm looking on Amazon for ducks. There are mini ones that are pretty cheap in bulk. Is that what ppl are using? The sort of "usual" size ducks would be expense to get a bunch.

So, now I'm looking on Amazon for ducks. There are mini ones that are pretty cheap in bulk. Is that what ppl are using? The sort of "usual" size ducks would be expense to get a bunch.
That’s the intrigue, the variety. And ability to create joy for others. I considered more is better option and went for specialty this time, for my first time. I did keep a small mini duck on my last cruise that was hand decorated. But I decided to give big ducks. whatever you decide this time is perfect. Maybe next time you go a different direction, also perfect.

I got my ducks and tags both from Amazon- no time to make my own. I think my ducks were 2 inches in size.

We found 2" ducks on Oriental Trading cheaper than Amazon for the exact same ones. Just depends on what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter