HI Kid Suites

b6104

Earning My Ears
We're headed for our first WDW vacation in early November. Staying at Holiday Inn Kid Suites @ Lake Buena Vista. Looks good, sounds good. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks

We loved HIFS it is a great family hotel!! especially the nintendo 64 in the kid suite[tapes rent for $5. per 24 hrs] We got a WDW themed room and loved the whimsey of the painting!! Dd loved the kidsuite!! and only wants to return to THAT hotel! Dd loved the privicy of the kid suite[even tho it only has a curtain,there was a cd player and a 25 in. tv that was just for her room. So, Dd got to relax, too!

We found it much nicer in every way over All Stars Music,which is just a motel 6 room[not even the bedspread was themed??]

Hey B6 Did you book the "Family Values Package" at HIFS?? $115 per night and adults can eat dinner free too! (5pm-10pm) in the Club Car Buffet. Really good deal! Check out the webisite:

http://www.hifamilysuites.com/index.html

click on "specials".

curly

5 more days!!

Thanks for the info --

HIFS says they have easy & frequent transfers into WDW attractions. Was that your experience? For example, I'm guessing taking a bus to Animal Kingdom from HIFS isn't alot different from a bus from Port Orleans Riverside ....

Thanks

we stayed there in March and loved it we are going back this november. You will be very happy plenty of room for adults and kids when you use the sofa couch though not much room left in the suite . small 'kitchenette' no real cooking can be done but mini-fridge and microwave for small meals and snacks and my kids loved having their own room and television.

We loved it!! Didn't use their transportation, though so I can't help you there. Be sure to take advantage of their refillable mug program, too!!! :D

I am so excited, I just booked a family suite for the same price as the All star Music. It looks way better.
Thanks for letting me know.
Has anyone taken the transportation??? It is free, which is great!!

To b6104 - make sure you are staying at the HIFS. There are actually 2 kid suite hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area. The HIFS and the Holiday Inn SunSpree resort. Everyone responded about the HIFS but based on your original post I'm not sure which one you have reservations for.

We've stayed at both but much prefer HIFS. Just wanted to make you aware that there is another kid suite hotel in the area so you aren't disappointed later. When you see the great prices in the travel section of newspapers for Kid Suites, it is often rooms at the SunSpree, at least in our paper.

KityKat63, how did you get a room at HIFS for the same price as the All Stars? We just got back from the All Stars for $49/night and I know they are at $59 for most of the remainder of the year. Did you really get HIFS for that cheap or are you referring to the rack rates at the All Stars? If there are really $49/$59 rooms at HIFS I need to start planning another trip.

HI DTAUR,
I just followed a thread that I found on this forum. I clicked on the url and it took me to the holiday inn kids suites in lake buena vista.
I got a room for $549.45 which is $99.00 per night but, I am staying with my sister, so we are sharing. At the All Star we had 2 separate rooms. Which was going to cost us $660.oo for the 5 nights. So Im sorry if I misled you. But because we only need one room now (because the HIKS sleeps 6 or 7,I am saving money, because I can share.
I am very excited because it looks like the HIKS has more amenities. Have you been there before? What did you think??
Kathy:bounce:
The url
http://www.hifamilysuites.com/index.html

We are (hopefully) going to be there 10/8-10/14 (My husband keeps saying we will have to see what happens with the war). I just noticed the family value package, myself. It looks good, I just wonder if we will be able to get our senior discount with that package, if so it should save us some money. Anyone have any more info. on the package?

UPDATE: I booked the package for $109. Even though I had a seniors discount ($89), we will be saving $35.20 (+tax & tip) per night in meals. Not a big deal, but I just think it will FEEL better not have to shell out the money for dinner every night! Good luck!

We were there last year and loved it. Rather than go through all of the details again, you may want to do a search, there were several threads on this hotel a few months ago.

When we went last year in June we paid $89 for the Valuetrips rate. This year we stayed at the All Stars since the cheapest I could find at the HIFS was $116. With the All Stars at $49 we saved $67/night and that helped make our decision.

Having done both we don't know what we'll do next time, I guess it will depend on price. Although you'll see positive and negative comments about both, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either one.

In regard to the question on the bus transportation from HIFS, I used it (but only on one day) & was pleased. However, I suggest you get to your appointed place early because the driver didn't wait past the scheduled time for pickup. The one time I used the bus, it was packed both to & from the park, so again, get there early.

I would definately consider the convieniences of getting a rental car with a family. The buses are scheduled to pick up only a few times a day, so if you have small children you may want to rethink your options.

Coby'sMom

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

free night
www.holiday-inn.com/freenight

just switced my reservation to buy 1 night get 1 free good until the end of the year offer is better than the eating free!
price 139.00 for 2 nights 69.50 a night!:) :bounce: :p

MOM POPPINS,
Thank-you for the coupon link,I have been trying to find this Coupon for a month!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter