• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Enjoy!! I have a DVC contract in ROFR for Hilton Head ... fingers crossed that it goes through in time for me to book a few nights in December as well!! Make sure you get the hot chocolate Mickey Waffles and enjoy all the beautiful wildlife around in the cooler weather.
Update! We passed ROFR -- so excited to be an owner here! By far our favorite Disney resort, and we have stayed at a lot of 'em. ❤️

Hello! I am going to be in Hilton Head this weekend and I wondered if it is possible to go and visit the DVC resort there. Is there a place to park or bus to take? I’d love to get some Mickey waffles! We own at BCV and OKW. Thanks!

Hello! I am going to be in Hilton Head this weekend and I wondered if it is possible to go and visit the DVC resort there. Is there a place to park or bus to take? I’d love to get some Mickey waffles! We own at BCV and OKW. Thanks!
You could possibly park at Shelter Cove and walk over but you won't be able to park in the actual resort unless you're staying there. You need a key card to open the gate.

Update! We passed ROFR -- so excited to be an owner here! By far our favorite Disney resort, and we have stayed at a lot of 'em. ❤️
Congratulations! It's truly a gem among DVC resorts.

As mentioned above, you may park in the Shelter Cove Marina lots (they are plentiful and free), and then walk over the short bridge to the resort. Please do check in at the front desk which is in the the first building you see--the Live Oak Lodge. While they don't mind you visiting, they do ask that you check in with them first. After that, enjoy your day! Walk the grounds, play some of the yard games (all the equipment for them is at each game site), swing in a hammock, buy some merchandise at the Mercantile, and grab some Mickey waffles! Plenty to do if you're "just visiting."

Actually, there are 76 dedicated 2BR units--4 in each building numbered 13-31. Each GV building (16, 18, 19, 28, and 30) has not only 4 dedicated 2BRS, but they also have one each of a studio and a 1BR; however, these are not used as a 2BR lockoff category. The only 1BR/studio combos used as a 2BR lockoff unit are in Bldgs 11 and 12 and then only when an accessible 2BR unit is needed; otherwise, they remain 1BRs and studios, respectively. In total, there are 123 rooms at HHI.

In terms of advice, while common logic dictates that since there are more 2BRs than studios then 2BRs are easier to book, that isn't necessarily true. Posters in the past have mentioned that it was easier to get a studio in the summer months because so many families come during that time, ergo, 2BRs are in short supply. Bluntly, getting either a 2BR, studio, or 1BR at the 7-month point may prove difficult given that is high season. Personally, I'd do the 2BR first as it gives you the most occupancy then try for the studio. Best of luck!

Thank you for the full explanation. It definitively helped.

Just a warning for anyone coming to HHI this weekend or next week concerning jellyfish. I'm at the beach right now and at least 5 people sitting near me have been stung while in the ocean. I believe the full moon is in a few days and that means more jellyfish showing up. Other than that, been having a blast so far! Here are some pictures of the beach that I took yesterday and today.

Attachments

• 20220810_091542.jpg
    20220810_091542.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220809_091218.jpg
    20220809_091218.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 15
I hope they do for your trip! There were even more of them at the beach today so we're at the pool instead. Don't want to risk getting stung : /
Are they worse this year than normal? I don't remember hearing about it so much before, but then I probably wasn't really paying attention.

Are they worse this year than normal? I don't remember hearing about it so much before, but then I probably wasn't really paying attention.
The lifeguard at the beach told us that jellyfish season typically ends in July so it's uncommon to see them in August. She also said that the amount out right now are less than during peak times. We tried going to the beach this morning but left early after seeing two people sitting by us get stung.

We stayed at dhhir for 4th of july in 2021 and 2022 and booked for 2023.

We enjoy staying at the resort/beach house all day. We eat all 3 meals on resort for the 4th (special disney meal at tide me over for dinner) and we enjoy the decorations and the fireworks at night.

I wrote a trip report for the stay last year and this year if you want a more detailed description under dvc trip reports.

Sounds a lot of fun!
I will read your report for sure

thank you

My family and I just arrived at the resort! Our room isn't ready yet so we're relaxing by the pool (which is very crowded right now). Here's the activity guide for August (both sides)
We are here this week too and really enjoying our stay! Have been lucky with no jellyfish on our beach days too 😀. But a note on the hours shown on the back of the activity guide for Tide Me Over - really they are 11-5. There is a breakfast buffet in the community hall from 8-10 for I think $12/person. But Tide Me Over itself isn’t open, which would be nice to just pick up some items without having to go all in for a breakfast buffet. One minor disappointment about the resort is the short hours for food options. Sometimes you want to just stay out by the pool later in the evening and be able to grab something right there for dinner, but both Tide Me Over and the beach house restaurant close at 5. The store here is also quite small so grab and go from there isn’t really an option either.

Just got home today, spent Sunday thru Wednesday at the beach and left for Charleston Thursday and Friday. Excellent beach experience sunday-tuesday. Nice surf with good boggy board waves. The ocean was flat on Wednesday and the jellyfish were out in force! They started a breakfast buffet for $12 for adults. We did not utilize it. They also started a dinner buffet before the Tuesday fireworks. The only day we could not drive to the beach was Tuesday. The beach was packed on Tuesday. Did the dunes 5k on Wednesday with about 200 people. Rode bikes, drank beer, relaxed at the beach and pedaled for ice cream each night. I love HHI resort. It forces us to take it easy!

Attachments

• PXL_20220808_150732169.jpg
    PXL_20220808_150732169.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 22
Just got home today, spent Sunday thru Wednesday at the beach and left for Charleston Thursday and Friday. Excellent beach experience sunday-tuesday. Nice surf with good boggy board waves. The ocean was flat on Wednesday and the jellyfish were out in force! They started a breakfast buffet for $12 for adults. We did not utilize it. They also started a dinner buffet before the Tuesday fireworks. The only day we could not drive to the beach was Tuesday. The beach was packed on Tuesday. Did the dunes 5k on Wednesday with about 200 people. Rode bikes, drank beer, relaxed at the beach and pedaled for ice cream each night. I love HHI resort. It forces us to take it easy!
You said you pedaled for ice cream-where is a place to buy ice cream within pedaling distance? And I wonder also-where did you see the alligator?

You said you pedaled for ice cream-where is a place to buy ice cream within pedaling distance? And I wonder also-where did you see the alligator?
We saw 2 alligators when biking to Coligny beach. Once you turn left to head to the beach area there are 2 wood deck sections over small marshes. Each marsh had 1 alligator that we could see. Hilton head ice cream is at the corner where you turn to go to the beach. The ice cream cone and 2 others are in the the plaza at coligny beach. The closest is kilwins in in shelter cove town center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter