*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

The beach house does have a refillable mug station. Outside time me over also has a station as well. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you for the info! And since no one else did yet, I'll make sure to post the activity calendar when we arrive.

We have booked our first trip at the resort, December 30th-January 7th. We are SO excited! Hoping to see some leftover Christmas decorations!!
Enjoy!! I have a DVC contract in ROFR for Hilton Head ... fingers crossed that it goes through in time for me to book a few nights in December as well!! Make sure you get the hot chocolate Mickey Waffles and enjoy all the beautiful wildlife around in the cooler weather.

Possibly going for three nights over Christmas break. We’ve been here twice since the pandemic - both times in July so I’m quite intrigued to see Hilton Head in the winter.
We have booked our first trip at the resort, December 30th-January 7th. We are SO excited! Hoping to see some leftover Christmas decorations!!
There should be decorations still up at the end of December and a few days into January. I believe they were gone by 6 Jan this year. There aren't a lot of decorations at the resort, and even fewer at the Beach House. There are specific activities during the holidays, though they vary each year a bit: holiday wreath making, some different menu options at Tide Me Over, and a few others. The best benefit to the holidays at HHI is that it's usually warmer than from where you came. So, the pools are open (unless the "feels like" temp is below 50F), the hot tub is available, and the beach is always accessible.

Enjoy!! I have a DVC contract in ROFR for Hilton Head ... fingers crossed that it goes through in time for me to book a few nights in December as well!! Make sure you get the hot chocolate Mickey Waffles and enjoy all the beautiful wildlife around in the cooler weather.

Hope it goes smoothly for you! Waiting on resale is the worst, but totally worth it!!

There should be decorations still up at the end of December and a few days into January. I believe they were gone by 6 Jan this year. There aren't a lot of decorations at the resort, and even fewer at the Beach House. There are specific activities during the holidays, though they vary each year a bit: holiday wreath making, some different menu options at Tide Me Over, and a few others. The best benefit to the holidays at HHI is that it's usually warmer than from where you came. So, the pools are open (unless the "feels like" temp is below 50F), the hot tub is available, and the beach is always accessible.
Thank you! I really can’t wait to be there!

My family and I just arrived at the resort! Our room isn't ready yet so we're relaxing by the pool (which is very crowded right now). Here's the activity guide for August (both sides)
Thank you for posting the activities. We will be arriving end of the month. What night do they do s'mores - every night in the summer?

My family and I just arrived at the resort! Our room isn't ready yet so we're relaxing by the pool (which is very crowded right now). Here's the activity guide for August (both sides)
Thank you! I will repost on page 1 for the activity guide. Enjoy your trip!

Hello,
I'm going to need to book a 2 bedroom , plus a studio for June,
not the first week as my DD and her DH are teachers, so after the first week.

I have points but some of them I have to wait for 7 months. Should I book the 2 bedroom first? or studio ?
I would think the studio, since there less of those, but I would like to know your strategy.

thank you for your help!

Hello,
I'm going to need to book a 2 bedroom , plus a studio for June,
not the first week as my DD and her DH are teachers, so after the first week.

I have points but some of them I have to wait for 7 months. Should I book the 2 bedroom first? or studio ?
I would think the studio, since there less of those, but I would like to know your strategy.

thank you for your help

There are only 21 studios and 1 bedroom combos while there are 77 - 2 bedroom units (56 dedicated and the aforementioned 21 lockoffs). I absolutely would do the studio first. I assume some may be out of service as well for the impending renovation.

Actually, there are 76 dedicated 2BR units--4 in each building numbered 13-31. Each GV building (16, 18, 19, 28, and 30) has not only 4 dedicated 2BRS, but they also have one each of a studio and a 1BR; however, these are not used as a 2BR lockoff category. The only 1BR/studio combos used as a 2BR lockoff unit are in Bldgs 11 and 12 and then only when an accessible 2BR unit is needed; otherwise, they remain 1BRs and studios, respectively. In total, there are 123 rooms at HHI.

In terms of advice, while common logic dictates that since there are more 2BRs than studios then 2BRs are easier to book, that isn't necessarily true. Posters in the past have mentioned that it was easier to get a studio in the summer months because so many families come during that time, ergo, 2BRs are in short supply. Bluntly, getting either a 2BR, studio, or 1BR at the 7-month point may prove difficult given that is high season. Personally, I'd do the 2BR first as it gives you the most occupancy then try for the studio. Best of luck!

@sleepydog25 thats interesting!

Today I finish booking our 4th of July trip. We will drive, so HHI before and after WDW. I used points for a friends family to go down in April, so didn't have as many HHI points to use for ourselves. So happy that full borrowing is now allowed!

@sleepydog25 thats interesting!

Today I finish booking our 4th of July trip. We will drive, so HHI before and after WDW. I used points for a friends family to go down in April, so didn't have as many HHI points to use for ourselves. So happy that full borrowing is now allowed!
I saw 4th of july at a studio at dhhir is sold out on points for july 3 and 4 already!

I saw 4th of july at a studio at dhhir is sold out on points for july 3 and 4 already!
I was able to get what we need for two nights on way down and two nights afterward. I need HA so harder still and I needed studio, the weekend points are high!!!

I'm not surprised. I was at HHI last 4th of July and the entire island was insanely busy, not just at the resort or beach house. If you didn't have dining reservations made in advance, good luck getting into the more popular restaurants.

I think the resort itself has a very nice part on the 4th we were there once with our DS’s family.

Regarding 4th ofJuly crowds. I love WDW’s fireworks, so we are not home then. We live in a tourist destination, and it is insane here. We offer our house to a cousin who is absolutely thrilled to be here then. Its a win win for him and for us.

I think the resort itself has a very nice part on the 4th we were there once with our DS’s family.

Regarding 4th ofJuly crowds. I love WDW’s fireworks, so we are not home then. We live in a tourist destination, and it is insane here. We offer our house to a cousin who is absolutely thrilled to be here then. Its a win win for him and for us.
What did you like about your stay at HHI for the 4th of July ?

It’s been 10 years! 2012.

They began the day with a flag raising, and the afternoon party was fun. Games for kids, families…I think there was a charge for barbecue.

1659902229180.jpeg
1659902276615.jpeg

1659902328807.jpeg

What did you like about your stay at HHI for the 4th of July ?
We stayed at dhhir for 4th of july in 2021 and 2022 and booked for 2023.

We enjoy staying at the resort/beach house all day. We eat all 3 meals on resort for the 4th (special disney meal at tide me over for dinner) and we enjoy the decorations and the fireworks at night.

I wrote a trip report for the stay last year and this year if you want a more detailed description under dvc trip reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter