HHI information request

zackspal

Mouseketeer
Just booked 2BR for mid October. 1st time there. Any info on Room requests, Restaurants, Golf course, shopping would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

HHI is so small, I don’t think there’s a bad room in the place! The rooms in and near Live Oak Lodge are all the lock offs so you most likely won’t be there if the resort is full. Buildings 27,29 and 31 have great marsh views and they are close to the pool, mercantile and QS restaurant. We were in a 2 bedroom on the lower level of 31. My mom can’t walk far so we asked to be close to parking and on the first floor (there are stairs to every room, even if you are on the first floor). But really, every building is close to everything. On the map it appears building 31 is far from Live Oak Lodge but it was maybe an 8 minute walk 😊

I can't remember if I posted this over there, but regarding golf, over the years DH has played every course that's open to the public on Hilton Head, as well as a few off island. The best buy course is Hilton Head National, just off island, always in excellent condition and very friendly staff. Another one, that recently went public and is very good, is Dolphin Head (I think that's the name). There's a pair of courses in Sea Pines that are best avoided-expensive and not in very good shape sometimes. Of course, Harbourtown is a "must-do" for the avid golfer, but you'll pay dearly!

Room request: Marsh view, top floor.
Restaurants: So many good ones, but our favorites are Skull Creek Boathouse (not Dockside which is nearby and owned by the same company but not as much fun or as good), Fish Camp on Broad Creek, and OMBRA Cucina (topnotch Italian). With a 2BR, you can buy fresh seafood from Barnacle Bill's (less than a mile from the resort on Wm. Hilton Pkwy) and make your own low country boil. Scott's Fish Market and Ela's are both solid and located just across the marina from the resort.
Shopping: Some folks like to go into Savannah or Charleston, but there are plenty of shops in HHI. Just before you cross over the bridge to HHI from Bluffton, there is a huge Tanger Outlet shopping area.

I agree with the Marsh-view, top floor suggestion.

If you like live music, you can’t go wrong with the Jazz Corner. The food’s great too. The French Bakery is a good option for breakfast/lunch and is a 10 minute bike ride away. Low Country Backyard BBQ is also a great (and fun) restaurant. Finally, any of the Serg Group restaurants are a solid choice.

We've enjoyed Watusi Cafe for breakfast/lunch our last two trips to HHI. We also liked Lowcountry Produce Market and Cafe, which is in Sea Pines. We usually rent a house in Sea Pines because we don't have extra points for the HHI DVC. There is a fee to get into the Sea Pines community if you're not staying there - FYI. The one time we stayed at the DVC resort we had a marsh view and loved it. My family's favorite activity at HHI besides the beach is biking.

Grab a bike rental for sure and there are some restaurants right there in the marina. I went mid-October and weather was perfect for swimming and kayaking. Old Oyster Factory was perfect at sunset for dinner, grab a table outside or by the window. Check out Sea Pines, the lighthouse, get ice cream and dinner there. We did CQ which is upscale and expensive but well worth it. Sunset at the top of the Lighthouse is a must.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter