HHI First Trip Report 5-26-12

Hope you get a chance to get back to the beach. Looks like a pretty big rain/storm band moving through soon, though. :upsidedow

Five minutes ago an old guy - Disney employee in a large golf cart came fast around the parking garage and came an inch from head on colliding into my 8 month old in a stroller. He said " sorry" and sped off. Didn't even ask if we were ok. I said oh my God to him. I called the front desk and am waiting to hear back. My husband is with our 7 year old. I am shaking.

They brought us balloons and pins for our anniversary. That was a nice touch. They also put your names and happy anniversary on the tv. My son said we are rich and famous. Too funny!

I agree with your son! When we were there for our anniversary last year and I saw that our anniversary was on the TV, I took a picture. Of course, I had to wait for it to go around a couple times to time it right.

010.jpg

I was so excited, I didn't even notice that they spelled DH's name wrong. Did Mickey and Minnie call in sing the "Happy Anniversary" song? They did that too and I loved it. But then, they didn't call this year at WDW. What meal did you have at HH Diner? We went and DH keeps wanting to return for breakfast, but I didn't like it. Fortunately, we've discovered Stacks Pancakes.

Update: Richard called to apologize for almost hitting us. He seemed upset that he had to apologize but said he will drive differently in the garage. Should I contact member satisfaction so they know about this? How do I do this?

I agree with your son! When we were there for our anniversary last year and I saw that our anniversary was on the TV, I took a picture. Of course, I had to wait for it to go around a couple times to time it right.

010.jpg

I was so excited, I didn't even notice that they spelled DH's name wrong. Did Mickey and Minnie call in sing the "Happy Anniversary" song? They did that too and I loved it. But then, they didn't call this year at WDW. What meal did you have at HH Diner? We went and DH keeps wanting to return for breakfast, but I didn't like it. Fortunately, we've discovered Stacks Pancakes.

Alex (son) liked the pancakes and bacon. We split a chocolate shake that was awesome. I got the turkey burger. Pretty good but a little greasy. Hubby got a burger and said it was ok.

The Disney resort food we had today at lunch was so bad. My son couldn't eat his cheeseburger. He said it was awful. Just as bad as park food.

I am really enjoying your trip report.

Is it a do again vacation so far?

Keep them coming

It has been a good trip until the near miss with a golf cart.
Would I come every year? No because I only have 200 points and have next year on a dream cruise and the next year at wdw. Maybe in 3 years. Honestly, the golf cart near miss really freaked me out. Our little boy Jake is only 8 months old and is so dear to us. He had meningitis and was hospitalized at 6 days old. A mom can only handle so much. We have been through a lot in his short little life.

So sorry to hear about the scary incident with the golf cart driver! Glad all is alright.

Final thoughts about our trip. We are driving home. Should be home by 10 pm.

I give HHI an 8/10. Why not 10/10?

1. We had the golf cart incident- see previous posts.
2. We had the partial dumpster view and odor.
3. It is not oceanfront- good and bad.
4. The room seemed clean at first, but every time I picked my crawler up off of the floor, he was filthy, almost black.
5. We tried a lot of restaurants that people gave good reviews, but we didn't like. It seemed every meal was $40-$50 for 3 of us.
6. My 7 year old loved the place so that's why I rated higher!

Any questions about the place? Happy to answer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!