HH vs VB?

maryisme

DIS Veteran
I don't know what to do. I was all set to buy at HH but I keep having doubts only because the units are not beach front. My family and I are really beach people and I know we would miss having the beach at our doorstep. The idea of having to bike, walk or drive to the beach is not appealing to me. My thoughts keep returning to VB. Also, the magical beginnings program really makes it attractive to purchase there. However, money is not the deciding factor here.

I have not been to either resort but have seen so many pictures and have read so much about both that I don't believe that to be an issue. I would like to purchase in the next month or so to take advantage of the 2000 use year points I would be receiving.

As far as staying onsite, we really don't care which resort is available and would be visiting infrequently (every other year or so).

I'm really torn as to what to do. I am leaning toward VB and hoping to be able to (at the 7 month window) visit HH also from time to time. Another option (I think) would be to try a getaway to one of the other resorts on HH.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I think you answered your own question. We love HH and own there but if beach front is what you want then Vero is the place for you. I think it is important to buy where you will stay. And magical beginnings certainly make it an attractive deal. Good luck.

Andrea
DVC 1997

We are HH owners that have stayed at both resorts. My favorite is HH. I like the atmosphere of the resort and its "low country setting". The activities at both resorts are comparable but there is more to do on HH Island than in the VB vicinity. If we want to go to the beach we drive over to the Beach House and spend the day. The beach is wider and harder than VB and you are able to ride bicycle or horse back ride on it. The other big plus for us is we are able to make the drive to HH in 1 day. This saves on transportation costs and makes impromptu trips a lot easier.

On the otherhand VB is a beautiful resort. Nothing beats the sound of the surf as you are sitting on the balcony at night. The CM's are excellent (as are HH's) and you are right on the beach. The MB program is very attractive. So much so that it is drawing sales away from HH. I would not be suprise to to see a better MB program become available for HH in the near future.

Either choice I believe you will not be sorry.

I have been to both resorts, and even though they are both great, I am like you and really love the ocean - the sound of it, being right on it, etc. Vero is ON the ocean, so if that is what matters, that should be the deciding factor. You will have a much longer trip, however, if you are driving! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts