HH ? - pins & pressed pennies

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
We will be heading to HH this month for our first time and the kids had a few questions. They were wondering if the CMs wore pins like at DW to trade? They also wanted to know if there were any pressed peeny machines?

Thanks!

I don't remember seeing any pressed penny machines. Only a few CMs wore lanyards. ANd hardly anyone traded, so after the first day, I was seeing the same few pins over and over. Finally about the 4th day, a new CM came through and I traded with him, just because I really wanted to trade something! I'd bring a few pins, but don't expect much.

I think there's a pressed penny machine -- either by the mercantile, or maybe someplace else upstairs there??? At least there used to be, because I do have a pressed penny from the Hilton Head resort...

I'll try to remember to look when I'm there later this month

Yes there is a pressed penny machine in HH. It is upstairs between the Mercantile and the work out room.

And just a quick note--

It is RARE to see a Hilton Head Island pin in the mercantile. So if you see one--scarf it!!! And FYI for those looking for one but can't ever find one there....the little pin cart in the lobby of WL always has a few!

Have a great time!

We just got those pressed pennies three days ago. Two of the designs say "Hilton Head Island" on them and the third is surfer Goofy. The machine is right by the door to the Mercantile. We also shopped for pins but I don't recall seeing the "HHI" pins. They do have HH hats and shirts (bought both!) and a nice postcard that shows the dock.

Have fun!

TerriBelle, ps: Tell those kids to get ready for fun. There is ping pong and shuffleboard, and crafts scheduled daily. Some are free and some have a small fee. When we were there it was T-shirts and painted birdhouses. There is also a big pool table in the lobby. The resort pool has a fun slide plus a hot tub and kiddie pool. My kids had a ball! Their favorite was fishing and crabbing off the little dock. Go at low tide and you'll catch more crabs! The supplies are for sale/rent. We also went on the small dolphin watch boat. The kids loved this. Dad took them and they saw tons of dolphins. I enjoyed seeing the ocean.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter