Hertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcodespoti

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Has anybody had any expirence with Hertz in renting a car in Orlando (at the airport)?

Joe in CT

Joe,
Hertz is offsite, you take a shuttle to their location from MCO. I would not use Hertz on a bet, bad service one time, and so bad they would never get another chance from me.
Onsite agencies are: National, Avis, Budget, Dollar and L&M, all but L&M have websites.

Gail

Offsite - 88
CBR - 89 & 90
PO - 91
OKW-92,OKW-93,OKW-96, OKW-97 2X'S,OKW-98 2X's
OKW-99 2X'S,OKW-00 2X's OKW-01 1X
Jamaica-SandalsInn 98&00

Hertz isn't located at the airport. You have to take a shuttle to their off-site location.

I won 200.00 in Hertz rentals and decided to use them this last Feb. I normally use National so I compared my experience to them. The shuttle ride was ok. ( not at all like walking to your car) The Counter attendants at Hertz were rude and would not let me use my upgrade coupon with my won certificats, even though I was told that I could when I made the resv. The cost of the rental was almost twice what I would have paid. AND they made me pay 6.00 per day or 30.00 max. to allow my husband to drive. No charge at National. I was tired, grumpy and not treated nicely. NO way I will EVER use Hertz again.. even if I have gift certificates. Also, the signs in the parking lot directing you to the exit and car return are not clear at all. Don't do it!

We used Hertz back in 95 after a travel agent assured us that they were on airport. THEY'RE NOT! Plus they gave me a hard time about a discount that I did get after a supervisor got involved.

Don, DVC/VWL 2000

OS/90, BC/95, WL/97, Contemp/98&99, Poly/99, DxL/00, CBR/00

It is right at the airport in the baggage claim area. Short walk to car. No shuttles. Competitive rates - at least in Orlando. As far as counter workers go they are all terrible. I have rented with National, Budget, Hertz & Alamo. These companies seem to send most of their people to "rude" school. National, however, did reimburse us for some valuable left in their car that grew legs and disappeared. At least they were responsive.

The past several times we have rented from Avis. No waiting in line, and every counter person has been extremely nice, allowing us to use discount coupons that we had not claimed at the time of the reservation - - cheerfully and without question! They take time to mark out our route on a map and show us alternate routes if we want. They offer a wide choice of cars at check in time- - with photos of each type. Can't believe the service! They seem to like their work.

Avis is right in the airport and the cars are an easy walk from the counter.

Last time we used National (December 98)we had to wait over an hour in line. They did not have their act together. Never again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter