Here's the postcard thread for returning/future cruisers - "Pay-it-forward!" - Part 2

lbgraves

Little Cinderella's Mommy
Please read these guidelines before posting on this thread! Thanks!

This is the thread to post a request for a postcard to be sent to your children from someone who has returned from a DCL cruise.

Here is how to do it:

For returning cruisers with postcards to send:

Reply by PM to a request on this thread. (Please don't post that you have postcards available and ask people to PM you with requests. You will be getting requests long after you have run out of postcards!)

For future cruisers requesting a postcard

1. Post a request on this thread. Please try to limit your request to one postcard per address, if possible.
example: "We are cruising on the Magic in October. Can someone send a postcard to my child/ren? Thanks!"

2. A returned cruiser will send you a PM, letting you know they can fulfill your request.

3. Reply to the PM. Please include names, address, date of cruise, which ship you will be on, and which character you'd like to "sign" the card, even if you have already posted that information on this thread. (Including all the info in the PM makes it easier for the sender to get the card out.) Also, you can include any special message you'd like the writer to include, if desired.

4. Important! Go back to your original post, click on the "edit" button (bottom right of the post), add in a message to say that your request has been filled, and click on "Save Changes". This will make it easier for us to know who is taken care of, and who still needs a reply.

5. Enjoy the postcard and the cruise! :boat: Remember to grab a couple of postcards (they are provided in each stateroom, or you can buy some on board), and when you get back, please visit this thread again and reply to a request. Pay it forward!

****** Please note that the PCs do NOT have to be mailed out from CC or even FL. ******

The post office at CC is unreliable since it is not always open when the ships are in port and it can take months for a postcard to arrive at its destination...if it ever does. If you are flying out of MCO there is a Mail Center / U.S. Post Office at Orlando MCO Airport with Postage Stamps/Mailbox & Vending Machines. It is located at the North Walk and is open 24 hours.

Thank you for continuing this!

We sail July 9 and I'd love for my daughter to receive a postcard prior to then.

I'd be happy to send out cards after we return.

thanks!

updated 6-18: thank you to the kind soul who responded to my request~

Hi, and Thanks so much for taking over. Verandoah Man did an amazing job!

We are on October 29th cruise on the Wonder. I would love for my daughter & her girlfriend (who is also going) to each receive a post card.

Do I need to PM you with the information:confused:

Thanks again:flower3:

We are leaving on the Woner July 23- would love love love for my 6 year old to receive a postcard...he (nor I) have ever been to WDW or a cruise, so this is all so new and exciting.

I'll be more than happy to return favors...hope it isn't too late to get a postcard for him! Doesn't matter who or what is on it- but please no princesses!!!

THANKS- this request has been filled!

Setting sail on July 11th.

Would love to have a postcard for DGD 8.5 and DGS 5.5 before we leave.

I am already committed to sending postcards to someone on a later Cruise.:goodvibes

--- REQUEST HAS BEEN FILLED

We are leaving on the Woner July 23- would love love love for my 6 year old to receive a postcard...he (nor I) have ever been to WDW or a cruise, so this is all so new and exciting.

I'll be more than happy to return favors...hope it isn't too late to get a postcard for him! Doesn't matter who or what is on it- but please no princesses!!!

I am not sure one would make it to you in time since we do not return until the 18th or I would love to help you out.

Awwww...thanks for the thought though. We will have the leave the 22nd, so you probably right. Maybe someone else can - but thanks so much for trying!!!

We are on October 29th cruise on the Wonder. I would love for my daughter & her girlfriend (who is also going) to each receive a post card.

Just so everyone understands I am NOT taking this over. I have simply posted a new thread and closed the old one so that there is no confusion trying to go back and figure out who still needs cards sent.

If you are going to participate in this, please follow the guidelines copied from the old thread. If you will send a PC, pm the person and then exchange information, then the person who requested the PC needs to edit their post and show that they have been contacted and the request is no longer available. The DIS boards and/or moderators are not keeping up with this exchange.

I am going on the Wonder July 23- I will be glad to do this for you if you PM me your info...and what type of postcard to get. Still looking for someone to send one to my son...but glad to help you out

Would someone please send one to my daughter's? We would love Mickey & Minnie Mouse to "invite" them to come visit on a Disney Cruise this August!!
Please let me know!
Danielle

Would someone please send one to my daughter's? We would love Mickey & Minnie Mouse to "invite" them to come visit on a Disney Cruise this August!!
Please let me know!
Danielle

I don't mind at all- PM me with your address and daughter's name...I'm going on 7/23 and I can mail it from Castaway Cay.

I am going on the Wonder July 23- I will be glad to do this for you if you PM me your info...and what type of postcard to get. Still looking for someone to send one to my son...but glad to help you out

Thank-you so much! I will PM you right away with the information. Again Thanks and I hope you find some who can help you in sending a card to your son :)

Thank-you so much! I will PM you right away with the information. Again Thanks and I hope you find some who can help you in sending a card to your son :)

Not a problem at all- what character do you want? By the way, I am from Columbia, SC! We are heading to Garden City next week! SMALL WORLD...

Not a problem at all- what character do you want? By the way, I am from Columbia, SC! We are heading to Garden City next week! SMALL WORLD...

How cool is that! We will be in Columbia, Sc on (can you believe it) November 28th, 09 which is a Sat. We are taking out daughter to the Miley Cyrus concert. I understand that the USC/Clemson game is on the same day...It's going to be a mad house.:confused3
Anyway, I just PM you, let me know if you have any questions. and drive safe to Garden City!

How cool is that! We will be in Columbia, Sc on (can you believe it) November 28th, 09 which is a Sat. We are taking out daughter to the Miley Cyrus concert. I understand that the USC/Clemson game is on the same day...It's going to be a mad house.:confused3
Anyway, I just PM you, let me know if you have any questions. and drive safe to Garden City!

Got your PM...will make sure I get those postcards mailed on 7/25. At least the concert with be a Colonial Center and game at Williams Brice- but traffic will be a nightmare. You should book a room at Hampton Inn and just walk over to the concert...very nice hotel...

Got your PM...will make sure I get those postcards mailed on 7/25. At least the concert with be a Colonial Center and game at Williams Brice- but traffic will be a nightmare. You should book a room at Hampton Inn and just walk over to the concert...very nice hotel...

Did you get my last PM, I'm not sure if if went through..It seemed to take forever. The girls are 10 years old.
I think I tried the hampton Inn...and was Booked (of course) What street is it on. I'm going to check on it again.
It is really right across the street,?, That would be great..Not having to deal with traffic:scared1:

Did you get my last PM, I'm not sure if if went through..It seemed to take forever. The girls are 10 years old.
I think I tried the hampton Inn...and was Booked (of course) What street is it on. I'm going to check on it again.
It is really right across the street,?, That would be great..Not having to deal with traffic:scared1:

I am thinking it should be on Assembly. Any hotel in the Vista is nice and an easy walk to colonial center...

I am thinking it should be on Assembly. Any hotel in the Vista is nice and an easy walk to colonial center...

Good Morning Joseph'smom: Are you ready for a HOT weekend. Not looking forward to it at all! I guess Masha will be living in the pool all weekend. I checked Hampton Inn and they are Booked! I'll find something hopefully!
Have a great weekend & stay COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!