Here now--a few random things I am noticing

Question- is there a place in Disney that you would recommend for quality merchandise? Or any places to particularly avoid?

I love etsy and similar sites like society6!
At Disney Springs, the Marketplace Co-op has high end and interesting items. At the moment, moments Moro has some great Haunted Mansion merchandise. If younareminto Star Wars, there are terrific Star Wars . I got a wonderful Tree of Life mug. The AKL shop has some lovely items. Ant that is what we noticed.

What exactly do you do with the public? :scared: :laughing:

On a serious note, I wonder if that has to do with people being more used to using squat toilets?
It is possible it was a cultural thing- I did work in an area with a high immigrant population, but I saw US born folks doing it too. This was mostly observed when I shared a small public bathroom (two stalls, one sink) with the public in a library. However, I've noticed footprints on the toilet seat of other public bathrooms that I've visited too.

It is possible it was a cultural thing- I did work in an area with a high immigrant population, but I saw US born folks doing it too. This was mostly observed when I shared a small public bathroom (two stalls, one sink) with the public in a library. However, I've noticed footprints on the toilet seat of other public bathrooms that I've visited too.
Interesting...
I made a sign in multiple languages that says:
PLEASE
Wash your hands
and placed it in the public restrooms where I work...
We have peeps from 51 different countries, so I'm hoping to hit most of their languages...

What exactly do you do with the public? :scared: :laughing:

On a serious note, I wonder if that has to do with people being more used to using squat toilets?

When I was in Australia ALL bathrooms had photo instructions on the doors to the stall instructing the correct way to sit on a toilet seat. They had illustrations of people squatting and standing over the seat with an X over them. :rotfl2:I thought it was hilarious, but I guess those signs are there for a reason. My friends explained that it is often people from China who may not have as much experience with toilets you sit on. I don't have any good excuses for Americans doing it. :rotfl:

I think a public service documentary in every stall, like the ones from the 50 s is what is called for
My nanny (grandmother) had a picture in her bathroom that said, "We aim to please. You aim too, please."
My modern-day addition, "If you should miss, please wipe up your piss" ;)

7. When you are trying to drag 20 year olds around, the best solution is to leave them behind. DH and I left them napping and went back to AK and had a wonderful evening.

We stayed onsite first time last year-WoW was it wonderful to let the cranky preteen go back and nap!

I have it on good authority that there are some afternoons this is perfect for hot, cranky husbands,
Yep was often my DH who headed back with the middle. Sometimes my son would go too but he wanted to swim-so the other two had to "nap" at the pool. Actually the middle napped in the room while DH enjoyed an adult beverage in the shade watching the boy. This arrangement made all of us happy. My oldest and I often went from open to close hopping to different parks. I soooo want to do a 24 hour day- I was only 6 hours away from that last year LOL.

We, too, love the MB. Although I liked the feeling of no schedule at Universal (and being able to ride something as much as we wanted too with EP).

I work in Nursing homes and a hospital. So used to sparkling clean bathrooms it is hard to use "public" bathrooms anymore...

Question- is there a place in Disney that you would recommend for quality merchandise? Or any places to particularly avoid?

I love etsy and similar sites like society6!

I usually have shirts made by a particular seller on etsy before my trip. I dont know her personally, but I have always been happy with her work.

If you want to know who she is, please PM me and I will give you her shoppe link and I will probably be warned if I post it openly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter