Here now 10/21 - 10/All OMG CROWDED!!!

mpegden

Earning My Ears
I made a quick solo trip this weekend to see Toad the Wet Sprocket at the ETTB in Epcot. Cannot believe the crowds. Was at DHS, and at 9:45 RNR had a 75 min wait and by 10:30 ToT had an 80 min wait. Came to Epcot and every F&W booth was running 60-100 people deep in the queue. Checked FP times and Haunted Mansion and Astor Orbiter are at 90 min

It's because I'm here. Whenever I come, all the crowd estimates go out the window and the crowds are super-long. I tried to go to EPCOT this afternoon for Food and Wine festival and the parking lot was full, they were sending people over to Magic Kingdom to park. I'm just chilling back in my room, all crowded out. I'll watch the fireworks from my window and enjoy some room service pampering.

I am watching the wait times with interest this week. We were originally booked to be there Oct 20-30 (but had to cancel :sad:) Would like to go next year at the same time.

A friend texted me about 2 hours ago that the epcot parking lot was closed?
It's also the first day of really nice temperatures, I know I was excited to leave my house and come to Disney. I'm at DHS, waiting for fantasmic
Edit to add: checked the hub, it did close but reopened at 6:30pm

Weekend and F&W=Crowded. Has been that way for years.

Yes, but it's not just weekend and F&W, it's Halloween parties, and fall breaks, and the oppresive heat of summer that has more people coming in October. We were caught in the madness two weeks ago, never again. We will wait several years before we return again, when new attraction capacity has been added and lost some of it's newness, and we can go during a non school break period. However, if it continues in this manner, there are many more places on this beautiful planet to vacation.

Here's hoping tomorrow (Sunday) will be a little less crowded at Epcot then it was today.

It looks like the parking lot problem is that they started setting up for the wine and dine race and are taking space for that

I saw on FB that epcot was really crowded. Everyone attributed it to the weather. Apparently it is the first day in a long time that it has not been over 90 degrees. Tons of locals headed over to take advantage of the great weather. Many said it was a huge treat to have such gorgeous weather, plus it is f & w, and it is a weekend.

I saw on FB that epcot was really crowded. Everyone attributed it to the weather. Apparently it is the first day in a long time that it has not been over 90 degrees. Tons of locals headed over to take advantage of the great weather. Many said it was a huge treat to have such gorgeous weather, plus it is f & w, and it is a weekend.
Yep, my son plays music at Boathouse and he just text me and told me Disney Springs is super packed, believe me, we've been waiting for these temperatures since April :)

Local news coverage was reporting that epcot was so full they ran out of parking spots tonight. AK appeared to add an extra hour to the day.

I was at Boardwalk/Epcot last night. Boardwalk had no parking available except for valet due to an extremely large convention (there was also a convention party going on across the lagoon at the YC/BC beach - not sure if the two were related). Epcot was crazy crowded, but manageable until about 8:30 when we threw in the towel and decided to head to Disney Springs.

At 8:45 p.m. last night, both parking garages at Disney Springs were closed because they were full. Lots of people here this weekend.

I think that weekends in October are going to look like this for a long time to come. Two years ago this weekend I was there and it was shoulder to shoulder in Epcot.

We were there last here over Halloween weekend and it was very manageable. I wonder what has changed this year?

could also be some of the re-scheduled people front the hurricane a few weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter