"Here I go again! On my own??" Solo in May 2017 PTR **updated 4/29

Less than 2 weeks! :banana:

So cute that your mom is so excited for the trip, it's going to be so fun for the 2 of you! Your ADR plans sound good! Hope you're able to get what you want!

I didn't know about Main Street Press, but now I want all the things! Why are there so many cute shirt options?

I'm here!! I got WAY behind... I think it's because I wasn't getting notifications of new updates, but it should be fixed now! I'm having so much fun reading all your plans! Yippee!

Arrival day - nothing (plane lands before noon)
Day One - nothing
Day Two - Wishes dessert party (still for two)
Day Three - Brown Derby lunch, Tiffins dinner ROL package
Day Four - BOG breakfast
Day Five - nothing
Departure Day - nothing (ME doesn't pick me up until after 3pm)

Loving these choices! Sometimes its nice not to have a plan!

I also want to see the difference between watching it from the fast pass side vs. the dining package side, so I can report back on pros/cons in my trip report.

OOO I'm excited to hear what you think! We'll be watching from the FP side at the end of May

I have it booked for the garden viewing area because that's where I wanted MIL to see the fireworks from. If I'm alone, do I really need to guarantee that spot? I will be able to find a spot anywhere I want, probably, being by myself. I don't have to worry about finding room for my whole family, I can just cram myself in wherever.

I'm 90% sure I should cancel this, but that 10% of me that wants to keep it has a tight hold on me!

I know that you cancelled this and I agree with one of the other posters, might as well get yourself an ice cream and just plop down somewhere :dog2:

I JUST made a 7:40am Boma breakfast reservation! My stomach is growling just thinking about it, and I'm very, very excited!

MMM I love Boma!

My flight leaves really early. First flight of the day early.

SWEET... love a good middle o' the night flight :tongue:

I haven't decided if I'm going to go collect my suitcase myself or let it get picked up by the ME CMs.

We always collect our suitcases ourselves... #imacontrolfreak

Then I plan to hide in someone's stroller so they can roll me to the bus stop because I'm going to be EXHAUSTED.

hahaha laughing so hard!

The first few boards went in great, then we moved onto the next box and...they wouldn't lay flat. What is going on? Are we morons? Are we doing something wrong??

In all of our research, nothing told us to lay all the boxes flat on the floor and not stacked up. Apparently, the lower boxes did not acclimatize to the room and now we have a topsy turvy house, a dismantled bedroom with only a bed and a gazillion boxes of flooring all spread out in there.

SO GOOD TO KNOW! DH and his dad will be taking our nasty carpet out of the bedrooms in our house this summer and replacing them with this type of flooring!

I have an awfully long list of food and drinks I want to try around the world at the F&G booths, so I guess I'll go ahead and list that here so you can see just how much of a glutton I plan to be during my week at WDW! I wonder how many evenings I abandon other plans to come EAT MORE FOOD?!?!?!?

HAHAH I admire how ambitious you are

Belk and Kohls can suck it. :(:(
For real though! I don't know what Belk is, but I can't stand shopping at Kohls.

And Wednesday I fell down in front of alllllllllll the parents sitting in pick up line at school. I was going inside for OM practice, my arms loaded down with heavy bags, and I tripped on the hem of my maxi skirt while stepping up onto the sidewalk

eeeeeeekkkk I'm glad you're ok!

Depending on when I'm able to get in and out, I'll do Seven Dwarfs if they're letting people in line a little early. Otherwise, I'm going to go to Peter Pan first, because I have never seen the standby line through the nursery and I'm really looking forward to it!

Amazing plan! Mom and I did this exactly thing in January and we could have easily rode 3 times without a wait!

Right now I have a fast pass for Big Thunder that begins at 8:30...I'm so torn about trying to time the ride to Wishes.

That would be AWESOME if you could see the fireworks from there

Trip day is 13 days away!!

YESSS!! SO CLOSE!!

I ordered one more shirt yesterday from Main Street Press...it's kind of a consolation prize. I've been wanting their "Jambo means hello" shirt for a long time, I missed shop opening, and had to settle for a tank top instead of a t-shirt

Sounds so cute! Be sure to show us a pic!

Right now we are booked at the Poly from 10/15 - 21, but because of flights, it looks like we'll have to get there on the 14th instead. Darn. An extra day. Let's cry about that.

Could be worse! haha!!

:cheer2:

I love those shirts! I actually liked one of the tanks better but wasn't sure about sizing either and all the tees were sold out so I told myself I don't need another shirt...but I do like those Jambo ones a lot.

So sad that you have to add an extra day :sad: :thumbsup2

That sounds like a good thing! Matching shirts will be cute.

I think I need to be finished with shirts too! I can't wait for it to hurry up and ship...I'm so impatient!! I am equal parts so ready and SO UNPREPARED (mentally, I keep finding things at home to worry about!) for this trip.

Oh I know. Adding a day is just the worst, right?? :rotfl:

I'm ok with matching shirts with my mom...but I'm nervous about what she'd pick if she was in charge of the shopping :scared1:

Less than 2 weeks! :banana:

So cute that your mom is so excited for the trip, it's going to be so fun for the 2 of you! Your ADR plans sound good! Hope you're able to get what you want!

I know, it seems so crazy! This trip has been booked forever. So has October...I need to quit booking so far out, because it's becoming more stressful than fun sometimes. The waiting is hard!

ADR day was rough this morning :sad1:

I didn't know about Main Street Press, but now I want all the things! Why are there so many cute shirt options?

Oh, I know!! I am tempted by so many different shirt stores...Instagram is dangerous, LOL!!

I'm here!! I got WAY behind... I think it's because I wasn't getting notifications of new updates, but it should be fixed now! I'm having so much fun reading all your plans! Yippee!

OOO I'm excited to hear what you think! We'll be watching from the FP side at the end of May

I know that you cancelled this and I agree with one of the other posters, might as well get yourself an ice cream and just plop down somewhere :dog2:

MMM I love Boma!

SWEET... love a good middle o' the night flight :tongue:

We always collect our suitcases ourselves... #imacontrolfreak

SO GOOD TO KNOW! DH and his dad will be taking our nasty carpet out of the bedrooms in our house this summer and replacing them with this type of flooring!

HAHAH I admire how ambitious you are

For real though! I don't know what Belk is, but I can't stand shopping at Kohls.

eeeeeeekkkk I'm glad you're ok!
Amazing plan! Mom and I did this exactly thing in January and we could have easily rode 3 times without a wait!

That would be AWESOME if you could see the fireworks from there

YESSS!! SO CLOSE!!

Sounds so cute! Be sure to show us a pic!

Could be worse! haha!!

I hope I can stay awake long enough to make it through the fast pass RoL on my first night (I have to get up at 3am to make my flight)...but no way I'm giving up my dining package dinner. I'm really excited to try Tiffins, and I REALLY want to be able to do a comparison of the two locations.

I'm a control freak too, but we've had pretty good luck with ME getting our bags, except for the bag massacre in December (mine arrived later than the other two suitcases, all shredded and wrapped in plastic). For this trip, I think I've decided to go ahead and let them get my bags for me...mainly because I'm getting in at a decent time, and I think my stuff will make it to the resort ok. But losing a bag is a huge fear of mine!! I obsessively check the Delta app to make sure they've been scanned at each location!!

The floors were so frustrating - I'm pretty handy and when I have trouble with something I don't accept that very well, LOL!! When we were gone to our state Odyssey of the Mind competition, DH had a guy come install them so I would come home to a normal room. It's so much nicer without the carpet!! Next up is our living room, entry, and formal dining. The living room is carpet, the other two are wood, but we want it all to match. I think we're going to just have the guy come back and do it again. He's quicker than we would be! I will do the demo though...that's my favorite part!!

My list is ambitious...I'm not sure my stomach will agree, but I'm going to give it a good shot!! As long as I end up with violet lemonade and macarons, I'll be satisfied!

Belk is just a department store, kind of like Dillards, with a pretty good mix of higher end/mid-range brands - Polo, Lucky, Calvin Klein, etc... I used to love it, but I haven't been finding as much there lately. They have a line called Crown and Ivy that is similar to Lilly Pulitzer, but this year the prints are kind of bleh.
Kohls is awful lately, and is just about off my list permanently!!

My knee still hurts from falling, but my pride is healed :rotfl2:

I will definitely show off a picture of my shirt!! I am very impatiently waiting for it to ship right now. VERY impatiently. Impatient is basically the best word to describe all parts of me right now!! These last few days of waiting are so hard!

It makes me nervous since there were no reviews in regards to sizing

Snuck in to check up on you! My tank fitd fine from them! Hopefully yours will too - ice and comfy! I brought one of their shirts with me just in case I needed it for this trip :)

Snuck in to check up on you! My tank fitd fine from them! Hopefully yours will too - ice and comfy! I brought one of their shirts with me just in case I needed it for this trip :)

That's so good to know, I was really nervous about the fit of their tanks! Right now I'm preparing to layer if I need to, and hoping it fits ok over my chest, which is always the problem!

I'm glad you popped in!! I've had so much fun seeing your instagram pics!! I loved the one with Merida!!

I've been considering ordering that "Jambo means Hello" tank also, but the sizing thing was holding me back......if you get yours and you're happy I'll go ahead and order it :thumbsup2 You're my Guinea Pig lol!!
I know what you mean about where to watch Wishes :( I loved watching it from back by the carousel and I debated watching it from there last month. But then when I thought about it being the last time...... we ended up watching from the middle of Main St. and I'm really glad we did.
Can you please go see BaTB??? It's not too long and it's fantastic!!
And bring tissues!!

But losing a bag is a huge fear of mine!! I obsessively check the Delta app to make sure they've been scanned at each location!!

Mine too! This app scanning bag business sounds amazing, I never knew! I really doubt Southwest has this, but I'm about to look into it!

DH had a guy come install them so I would come home to a normal room. It's so much nicer without the carpet!! Next up is our living room, entry, and formal dining. The living room is carpet, the other two are wood, but we want it all to match. I think we're going to just have the guy come back and do it again. He's quicker than we would be! I will do the demo though...that's my favorite part!!

What a good DH! I like to encourage my DH to 'just hire someone' but he and my father in law are so handy and really enjoy doing things themselves and saving us money... plus its a good bonding experience for them! I told my FIL that he won't get any grandchildren until our current guest room gets a make over so he's been chomping at the bit to help us out! haha!

Belk is just a department store, kind of like Dillards, with a pretty good mix of higher end/mid-range brands - Polo, Lucky, Calvin Klein, etc... I used to love it, but I haven't been finding as much there lately. They have a line called Crown and Ivy that is similar to Lilly Pulitzer, but this year the prints are kind of bleh

Hmm interested... I say go with Nordstrom. lol!

That's so good to know, I was really nervous about the fit of their tanks! Right now I'm preparing to layer if I need to, and hoping it fits ok over my chest, which is always the problem!

I'm glad you popped in!! I've had so much fun seeing your instagram pics!! I loved the one with Merida!!

Welcome! Hopefully it works out for you We're having a ton of fun right now!

Hi. I haven't been able to comment lately because work is insane. But I've been lurking. I love how excited your mom is for the Oct trip. Matching shirts could be fun.

I've been considering ordering that "Jambo means Hello" tank also, but the sizing thing was holding me back......if you get yours and you're happy I'll go ahead and order it :thumbsup2 You're my Guinea Pig lol!!
I know what you mean about where to watch Wishes :( I loved watching it from back by the carousel and I debated watching it from there last month. But then when I thought about it being the last time...... we ended up watching from the middle of Main St. and I'm really glad we did.
Can you please go see BaTB??? It's not too long and it's fantastic!!
And bring tissues!!

I will happily be your guinea pig!! It should ship today, hopefully...they said it would take 2 - 3 days to ship, and today is day three. I am regretting ordering so close to trip time.

Yep, I think Wishes is definitely going to have to be a middle of Main St. kind of event! I'm glad I can see it before it's gone. I might watch behind the castle the first night I'm at MK, and then go for Main St. on the last night. Either way, it's going to be sad :sad:

I know I need to go see BaTB!! I don't understand why I keep putting it off :confused3 What is wrong with me??

Mine too! This app scanning bag business sounds amazing, I never knew! I really doubt Southwest has this, but I'm about to look into it!

What a good DH! I like to encourage my DH to 'just hire someone' but he and my father in law are so handy and really enjoy doing things themselves and saving us money... plus its a good bonding experience for them! I told my FIL that he won't get any grandchildren until our current guest room gets a make over so he's been chomping at the bit to help us out! haha!

I hope Southwest has an app that checks your bag status because Delta's has changed my life! That sounds very dramatic, LOL, but it really does help ease my mind.

My husband likes to hire people, but I'm the handy one that wants to do it myself. It drives him crazy :rotfl:I like that your FIL is onboard and enthusiastic, and for good reason :-):-)

Welcome! Hopefully it works out for you We're having a ton of fun right now!

Hooray for fun!!

Hi. I haven't been able to comment lately because work is insane. But I've been lurking. I love how excited your mom is for the Oct trip. Matching shirts could be fun.

Hi!! I'm sorry work has been insane, I totally relate to being busy!! And I hate it, LOL!!

My mom is cracking me up!! I knew she was excited, but I didn't know she'd be THIS excited.

Hello

I don't want to brag or anything...but I've made it to Wednesday. Congratulations to anyone else who has also made it to Wednesday.

Sometimes we must celebrate the small things in life, and if that means being excited to be three days into a week, then so be it!

I have about half an hour to type up a quick update, so let's see what I can do here!!

Chapter Twelve: (October) Food, (Epcot )Fun, and (Dis) Friends

Yesterday was ADR day for October. It didn't go all that well. First, I forgot to get up when the window opened and was an hour late. Second, the Disney website was not working correctly in Chrome, so I had to switch to Safari. And third...I couldn't get a "normalish" time for Ohana on our LAST DAY. What?

But with a little work, I was able to get things pretty much lined out this morning. Including that Ohana time! Currently we have (and I am sure it will evolve over time)

- late Tusker House breakfast (probably will be the first change so we can do Satuli Canteen for lunch instead - didn't think about that!)
- Sci Fi lunch
- BOG lunch
- Ohana dinner

I'm limiting things right now since I'm not sure if we're going to stay at Poly the whole week like I currently have booked, or split time with WL (adding a day limits availability at Poly :rolleyes:)

But back to May...let's talk about my last full park day!!

My last day begins with
BOMA BREAKFAST :dogdance::dogdance:

I've been excited about this, as you know, but...

why is there always a "but"?

it's morning EMH at Epcot. I swear that must have changed, because I can't believe I wouldn't have had that on my spreadsheet!! I mean, I've been distracted, but I'm not sure how I overlooked that :confused3

Right now I'm going to leave it well enough alone, because I really want that breakfast.

My plans originally were to rope drop to Frozen Ever After and hope the Elsa "Let it Go" scene was working this time, meet A&E, and do Universe of Energy, then wander the world showcase.

I have an afternoon FP for Spaceship Earth, then I'll leave the park and go back to the resort.

Then...

I will go to Disney Springs for a VERY IMPORTANT THING.

DISMEET.

I will be meeting @Raeven (and Jenna, too??) at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar before they have dinner at Homecoming (I refuse to drop the "g" :snooty:)

I have already told Raeven that I will probably be super chatty after being alone all week.

After our meet up, I will be taking the ferry boat to Port Orleans and then catching a bus to Epcot for Illuminations. I missed it in December and I don't want to skip it this time!

That's it for now! Another short and sweet little update, but I've got a meeting to go to!

Love to you all!!

I don't want to brag or anything...but I've made it to Wednesday. Congratulations to anyone else who has also made it to Wednesday

Wednesday is 4 days into my work week so it's actually quite an accomplishment :rotfl:

it's morning EMH at Epcot. I swear that must have changed, because I can't believe I wouldn't have had that on my spreadsheet!! I mean, I've been distracted, but I'm not sure how I overlooked that :confused3

I think they added some recently! Just saw one night of my trip with night MK EMH and I know for a fact that wasn't there before because I would've made plans differently if it was.

I will go to Disney Springs for a VERY IMPORTANT THING.
DISMEET.

I will be meeting @Raeven (and Jenna, too??) at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar before they have dinner at Homecoming (I refuse to drop the "g" :snooty:)

I have already told Raeven that I will probably be super chatty after being alone all week.

:cheer2: Yes! And I think Jenna may stop in too before dinner.

I'm sorry your ADR morning didn't go all that well but glad you worked it out!

Your last day sounds great, a lot of different things planned!

I'm on my phone, which makes quoting a pain, but I'm finally caught up and have these comments:
- KEVIN BACON
- I bought 5 new shirts from Redbubble for my trip in three weeks, because god forbid I wear a shirt I wore on one of my last three trips :rolleyes1
- Might I suggest an autograph book for meeting characters? I did that for my solo trip for the first time eve and it was so much fun!
- If you need any solo tripping tips, just ask!!

Oooh Boma breakfast or Epcot EMH?? Tough call!! :( I loooove Boma breakfast, so I'm highly biased and won't offer any opinions on the matter.

On a side note, I've also made it to Wednesday this week, just barely, and I'm pretty proud of that fact. You've gotta take the wins when you get them, no matter how small!

I've been reading, but haven't commented yet. Hooray for your solo trip! We are going to be there right around the time you are! We leave in 13 days!

I'm getting more and more excited about my solo day at Magic Kingdom (just because I am an introvert at heart), and so I can't wait to read about your solo week. Truly.

Wednesday is 4 days into my work week so it's actually quite an accomplishment :rotfl:

I think they added some recently! Just saw one night of my trip with night MK EMH and I know for a fact that wasn't there before because I would've made plans differently if it was.

:cheer2: Yes! And I think Jenna may stop in too before dinner.

Yes!! Wednesday is a huge accomplishment. And now it's Friday, so even better!!

I'm glad I'm not crazy! I knew they had to have added EMH!

I'm so excited!!

I'm sorry your ADR morning didn't go all that well but glad you worked it out!

Your last day sounds great, a lot of different things planned!

It was nerve wracking there for awhile, so glad I was able to find the time I wanted for Ohana...it was the one meal I didn't want to budge on for October.

The best way to end a trip is with fun things, right?? Hopefully this will keep me from being too sad about leaving the next day!

I'm on my phone, which makes quoting a pain, but I'm finally caught up and have these comments:
- KEVIN BACON
- I bought 5 new shirts from Redbubble for my trip in three weeks, because god forbid I wear a shirt I wore on one of my last three trips :rolleyes1
- Might I suggest an autograph book for meeting characters? I did that for my solo trip for the first time eve and it was so much fun!
- If you need any solo tripping tips, just ask!!

Yes. ::yes:: Kevin Bacon. :lovestruc:lovestruc He is definitely deserving of all caps, for sure!!

Haha!! That's how I feel about buying shirts! I think I should be set up now, but for October I'm going to need fall/Halloween themed ones right?? Can't have too many repeats, lol!!

I thought about an autograph book...it might make character interaction easier, usually we meet them as a family so I didn't think about potential awkwardness. Great idea, thank you!! I'm going to go look for some after I post!

Oooh Boma breakfast or Epcot EMH?? Tough call!! :( I loooove Boma breakfast, so I'm highly biased and won't offer any opinions on the matter.

On a side note, I've also made it to Wednesday this week, just barely, and I'm pretty proud of that fact. You've gotta take the wins when you get them, no matter how small!

Hooray that you also made it to Wednesday!! A win is a win, I totally agree!! Now we've made it to Friday...we deserve a treat!! pixiedust:

I am about 99% sure that I'm going to keep that Boma reservation...if I decide not to, I'll switch it to another day, because I'm not really willing to give it up!

I've been reading, but haven't commented yet. Hooray for your solo trip! We are going to be there right around the time you are! We leave in 13 days!

Hello!! I'm so glad you've been reading along :-):-)

If you want to try to do a Dismeet or anything, just let me know!

I love the little princesses in your signature, that art style is so cute!!

I'm getting more and more excited about my solo day at Magic Kingdom (just because I am an introvert at heart), and so I can't wait to read about your solo week. Truly.

I'm an introvert at heart too...I've heard that people like me are considered extroverted introverts. I have to turn on the extrovert so much it's exhausting, lol!

A solo day at MK will be amazing!! Such an opportunity to take your time and just do whatever you want to do. That is very appealing to me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter