"Here I go again! On my own??" Solo in May 2017 PTR **updated 4/29

Checking in from AKL...

I am currently in bed (I was up at 3am people, I'm TIRED!) with my curtains open watching a giraffe eat.

Highlights from today:
- elderly lady getting up to use the restroom as we are TWO MINUTES FROM LANDING, causing the flight attendants to freak out (calmly though...if a calm freak out is a thing) and go after her, and our plane had to go back up and circle some more and go to the back of the line for landing time. Everyone was so happy about this, as you can imagine :rolleyes:

- met nice woman from my area (she was supposed to fly out of our airport last night but her flight was cancelled b/c of the flooding, so she ended up on my flight today) also on her first solo trip, and I helped her get to the Magical Express area at MCO (she usually flies into Sanford, but just got her Disney travel agent certification and wanted to try ME for the first time), and forgot to get her contact info. I am so mad at myself! I know her first name and where she's staying, but that is no help.

- met a hilarious swearing grandmother at the bus stop on the way to Animal Kingdom who became my bff on the bus ride and walk into AK

- finally had some zebra domes. joining the fan club.

- forgot my toothbrush AND hairbrush at home.

A few hours in to this trip and it's already so different than normal!! Not sure if the TR will be awesome or super boring yet though, LOL!!

Going to try and stay away from this PTR now...for real!!

Maybe.

Really excited to get my first full day in tomorrow!!

OMG I'm just seeing all this now, so happy you made it!!

but just got her Disney travel agent certification and wanted to try ME for the first time), and forgot to get her contact info. I am so mad at myself! I know her first name and where she's staying, but that is no help.
Um, that's nice that you helped her and all, but you don't need her contact info :snooty: You already know a VERY NICE Disney TA and you have her contact info :D

Have a wonderful time! I have to have Ricky help with Instagram so I can follow you,but I'll also be checking FB for updates!

I just wanted to say that I followed your PTR and I hope you have an awesome trip! I can't wait to read the TR.

I'm so sorry to hear about the crazy weather. So glad you made it to Orland ok!!

Have an amazing trip!! I can guarantee the TR won't be boring ;) Enjoy!!

I'm so glad you made it there!

I am currently in bed (I was up at 3am people, I'm TIRED!) with my curtains open watching a giraffe eat.

Best possible thing to have outside your window. Best. Thing.

met a hilarious swearing grandmother at the bus stop on the way to Animal Kingdom who became my bff on the bus ride and walk into AK

I don't know her, but I love her. Wherever you go you can always find people to make friends! No such thing as a "solo" trip - it'll just be you and a bunch of new five-minute friends.

Not sure if the TR will be awesome or super boring yet though, LOL!!

I'm willing to take the risk reading it because I'm super enthused to hear about this.

Hope you're having a wonderful time :)

I'm baaackk!!

I'll try to get the TR started tomorrow because I've got a lot of things going on over the next couple of weeks!!

giphy_zpsgcegxswr.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter