Help with short term parking at Newark Airport

TiggerInNY

Seize the Day
:confused: This will be our first time flying out of Newark airport. We will be leaving our car there and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation. We're flying Continental and according to Newark's website, we are supposed to park in lot P6 or P7.

Can anyone help?

TTFN
Maria

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We park a EWR everytime we go to WDW and have never had a problem. We use the Monorail lots(P1,2,3) Very easy to hop on the Monorail and get back to all of the terminals. P6 and 7 are economy lots which require getting on a bus to return to the terminal. Its well worth the extra $IMHO to be able to jump on the monorail. We drop the luggage at curbside, park the car and them Monorail to the terminal. This usually takes less than 10 minutes round trip. Be sure you write down what lot you're in , this is from experience. Its easy to forget which lot after a great WDW vacation!!

Laurie,

Thanks for your reply. My husband wanted to know if they even DO curbside anymore since 9/11? I checked the prices for parking lots P1,2, & 3 and it seems to be double the price of P6, P7. Is this information correct?

Thanks.

TTFN
Maria

We use Avistar Parking on Rt 1 South. They have two locations and a shuttle to the airport. They drop you off right at the curbside checkin. They have a website with a coupon. We check our bags at Continental E-ticket check in at Newark, very fast . www.avistarparking.com

"I checked the prices for parking lots P1,2, & 3 and it seems to be double the price of P6, P7. Is this information correct? "

Holy mackerel, I just checked the prices and they have gone up considerably since our July trip. Im pretty sure that we were paying 12.95/day in P1,2,3. $20.00/day is getting pretty steep. We used to compare it to getting a car service to the airport ($75.00) and is was cheaper to drive and park the car. I think I'll be checking out Avistar! I've heard good things about them.

OK, now I don't feel cheap, but $20/day is too much for us. We'll be gone for 8 days..that's $160. I'd rather spend that on vacation. So, you would not recommend putting the car in lot P6 or P7? Parking there would only be $80 total. Avistar is, I think, $12.75 or something close to that a day. They have two locations near EWR, which one is closer or does it matter?

Thanks for all your help. I love this website.

TTFN
Maria
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I would use the cheaper lots on property $10.00/day isn't bad. It will mean taking a bus to the terminal, but at least you won't get stuck in Route 1 traffic. Avistar's Mclellen St. is south of the airport and Haynes ave is north of the airport. Six of one half dozen the other for convenience. But with Avistar being more expensive that on site long term parking I would stay onsite. Good Luck!
I have to agree that $20.00/day is outrageous, I could buy more stuff at WDW!!!!

We'll probably do as you suggested, drop off the luggage and then get a parking space. With two little ones, that sounds more feasible. Thanks for all your words of wisdom. I knew someone on here would help me out.

Thanks.

TTFN
Maria:Pinkbounc

You very welcome Maria and have a great time. We had my 2 year old grandaughter with us on the last trip and left her,DH and DD with her to hang out in the terminal, and my son and I parked the car. It was much easier that dragging her and the car seat all the way from the parking lot.
Newark is a nice airport to travel from. Give me a wave , we're only 15 minutes from the airport!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter