Help with changing a reservation with rented points.

goofyfamily41

Mouseketeer
I am a DVC member. I had another DVC member make me a reservation at BWV resort in May with points that I rented from them. They are paid for.
It looks like my daughter who was going to attend might have a important internship opportunity that would conflict. I might have to cancel.
What are my options for these points?

Thank you so much.

Now that you are an owner, see if the person you rented from will transfer the points to you account. Then you can do as you please, if changes are needed.

A transfer of points may not be possible if either of you has already done a transfer in this use year. Bottom line: contact the other member ASAP to maximize your options. Good luck!

Plus if the points were banked, they cannot be transferred. You still don't own this reservation and only the member who made the reservation can do any changing of it. You definitely need to get that member involved in this process. The best you might be able to do is change the dates, provided these points don't expire before a later date that is convenient to you.

Other problem, if you go after June 9, you will need more points since that is when the season changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter