Help with AKL Kidani room

Capo

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Does anyone have any specific room # suggestions for AKL Kidani Village 2 BR standard view? I'd like to find a few options that are close to the lobby/buses but also offer an obstructed view of the Savannah.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Does anyone have any specific room # suggestions for AKL Kidani Village 2 BR standard view? I'd like to find a few options that are close to the lobby/buses but also offer an obstructed view of the Savannah.

Thanks!

Instead of room numbers your best bet would be to request "Savannah View" and "Close to Lobby".

To clarify, I already have a standard view 2BR at Kidani and completely understand that many of those rooms face the parking lot. However, several years ago we were able to request a 1BR that had an obstructed view of the Savannah but was still listed as a standard room. I'm looking for something similar.

If anyone has a detailed room map that shows room numbers, location, and room type, that would also be helpful. Thanks!

To clarify, I already have a standard view 2BR at Kidani and completely understand that many of those rooms face the parking lot. However, several years ago we were able to request a 1BR that had an obstructed view of the Savannah but was still listed as a standard room. I'm looking for something similar.

Right, that's why I suggested you request a Savannah View. The room assignors know that they have Standard Rooms with a partial Savannah view.

If anyone has a detailed room map that shows room numbers, location, and room type, that would also be helpful. Thanks!

It's not recommended to use room numbers because the odds of a specific room, or even a couple rooms, being available are slim. Over the years I've had the chance to speak to a couple room assignors and they all recommended guests describe what they are looking for in a room. It substantially ups the odds of getting your requests met.

I see what you're saying, I misunderstood the first time. Thanks!

We have a 1 bedroom booked at Kidani - what do you recommend for floors and Savannah's to request? First time there and my grandsons (6 and 8) are so excited! Thank you in advance...

We have a 1 bedroom booked at Kidani - what do you recommend for floors and Savannah's to request? First time there and my grandsons (6 and 8) are so excited! Thank you in advance...
Make Sunset Savannah as your top request. It’s the much larger savannah and has giraffes.

(The smaller Pembe savannah has Okapi, they are marvelous creatures, but not as majestic as giraffes)

Low floor would be a little closer to the animals.

To take advantage of the savannah’s, Kidani has the longest hallways.
Most of the resort can be close to cars (that park under the resort) but there’s only 1 bus stop near the middle (If you take the bus)

Hopefully you will plan to spend some time at the resort to take advantage of the animals. (The morning is their checkup time, so there is usually nothing to see, then). Kidani has a great pool for kids that age!

Make Sunset Savannah as your top request. It’s the much larger savannah and has giraffes.

(The smaller Pembe savannah has Okapi, they are marvelous creatures, but not as majestic as giraffes)

Low floor would be a little closer to the animals.

To take advantage of the savannah’s, Kidani has the longest hallways.
Most of the resort can be close to cars (that park under the resort) but there’s only 1 bus stop near the middle (If you take the bus)

Hopefully you will plan to spend some time at the resort to take advantage of the animals. (The morning is their checkup time, so there is usually nothing to see, then). Kidani has a great pool for kids that age!

Thank you! Yes, we are planning at day at the resort! We will be using bus transportation, but walking is not an issue for us.

So - I don't think you can get CLOSE to the lobby/bus stop in a standard room AND have any view of the savanna at all. Look at a map of Kidani online. All rooms facing the Sunset Savanna are going to be savanna view rooms. On the other side of the building - by the pool - there may be some standard rooms that have some view of the Pembe savanna - and the pool. But that's on the opposite side of the building as the buses. On the side closer to the bus stop - MAYBE (maybe there are some standard rooms at the end of the building (meaning far from the lobby) - that get an obstructed view of the Sunset savanna - but those are going to be far from the lobby.

If you have a room close to the bus stop, standard - you will hear the buses come and go late at night and early in the morning. I don't know how much you sleep through - but we find the noise of ramps for scooters late at night (we go to bed early) to be quite disturbing - so we always make sure we are FAR from the bus stop.

If you are committed to a standard room - then just request close to lobby and go with it. There are LOTS of places to do savanna viewing at the resort. If you really want a savanna view - switch to a savanna view room. For savanna view rooms - I recommend second floor. (lowest room floor) If you are going to spend enough time at the resort to enjoy the savanna - its worth it. But if you are not going to spend much time in the room - or at the resort during daylight hours - then it may not be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter