Help Which Resort?

jennabcassell

Mouseketeer
I have finally made a decision as to which week to go to WDW, now I can't pick a resort. This is our BIG vacation for the year and our passes expire in August. We do not plan on renewing them as our son will be starting Kindergarten and we can't take him out of school! THis is also a graduation present for me as I am finally graduating from college!!:banana:

Our choices are all with dining:

Poly-Lagoon view- We love the Poly and have stayed here before. It really does fell like home to us. We love the ease of the monorail and the boats to get everywhere! The rooms are huge!!! And the smell of the GCH is my favorite!! :laughing: I would love to sit on my balcony and look over the water to the MK and watch the fireworks and the boat parade!

Comtemporary- Tower- Theme Park View- We have never stayed here but the boys love the monorial. I am not sold on the CR. We have explored it several times and eatten at Chef MIckeys. While the rooms themselves look nice and comfy, I dont care for the rest of the resort. The pool doesn't look as fun as Poly...But I would stay here for my boys. :rolleyes1 Although the view would be super amazing looking right at MK!

Wilderness Lodge- SV Club Level!! :cheer2:- I have only stayed CL once and it was here at WL. I love love the decor of the WL! The only thing holding me back and making it hard to chose is that the rooms are much smaller than Poly and CR. I like CL but at the same time we have the dining plan and last time it was too much food! We bring drinks for the room so not having them from CL isn't that big of a deal.

I do not want to do a split stay. We stayed at YC last year and moved two days into our stay (to the Poly) and while it was for the better (YC qs place was closed and some construction woke us at 4am!!) it was still a pain.

Any insight between these hotels would be helpful! We are also thinking of doing the water parks for the first time and most of our ADR's are at Epcot and a few at DTD.
THanks

That's a tough choice.

If I were choosing, I think the choice would be between the Poly, or renting points from a DVC owner to stay in a Bay Lake Towers Villa or a Wilderness Lodge Villa:) You will probably pay less $$ and you can have a kitchen, etc.

The Bay Lake Tower pool is really cool, though maybe not as much as the Poly.

I just don't know! lol - I would have a tough time choosing as well. For us, with a 4yo and a 2yo, we stay on the monorail or at Boardwalk so I would do that and save Wilderness for later...does he have a stroller?

I have finally made a decisoion as to which week to go to WDW, now I can't pick a resort. This is our BIG vacation for the year and our passes expire in August. We do not plan on renewing them as our son will be starting Kindergarten and we can't take him out of school! THis is also a graduation present for me as I am finally graduating from college!!:banana:

Our choices are all with dining:

Poly-Lagoon view- We love the Poly and have stayed here before. It really does fell like home to us. We love the easy of the monorail and the boats to get everywhere! The rooms are huge!!! And the smell of the GCH is my favorite!! :laughing: I would love to sit on my balcony and look over the water to the MK and watch the fireworks and the boat parade! Loved, Loved, Loved the Poly. We did a garden view room and was very happy with our room and location. The Poly has the best transportation options, huge rooms, awesome theme, good food and being able to watch Wishes outside of MK!! I vote for the Poly!

Comtemporary- Tower- Theme Park View- We have never stayed here but the boys love the monorial. I am not sold on the CR. We have explored it several times and eatten at Chef MIckeys. While the rooms themselves look nice and comfy, I dont care for the rest of the resort. The pool doesn't look as fun as Poly...But I would stay here for my boys. :rolleyes1 Although the view would be super amazing looking right at MK! My BF likes CR the best, she is really sold on the location. She loves walking to MK and the monorail to EPCOT. She also gets a TPV, as she says it's worth the extra cost. I also am not interested in the theme, but I like the restaurants at CR and the size of the rooms.

Wilderness Lodge- SV Club Level!! :cheer2:- I have only stayed CL once and it was here at WL. I love love the decor of the WL! The only thing holding me back and making it hard to chose is that the rooms are much smaller than Poly and CR. I like CL but at the same time we have the dining plan and last time it was too much food! We bring drinks for the room so not having them from CL isn't that big of a deal.

I do not want to do a split stay. We stayed at YC last year and moved two days into our stay (to the Poly) and while it was for the better (YC qs place was closed and some construction woke us at 4am!!) it was still a pain.

Any insight between these hotels would be helpful! We are also thinking of doing the water parks for the first time and most of our ADR's are at Epcot and a few at DTD.
THanks

We really liked our Aug 2012 trip and going to the waterparks. We like TL better, but did both TL and BB this last trip. Aug is so hot and the waterparks are packed. Go early, get a good chair in the shade. Each waterpark has a nice area for little ones, but I think BB has more older kids/adults slides/areas.

Never stayed at the CR, but stayed at WL and the Poly several times. I'm like you in that the Poly just feels like home to me. I love the smell and walking the torch-lit pathways to my longhouse.

BTW--Congrats on your college graduation! :)

All I can say is that WL CL is absolutely heavenly. :cloud9:

We did not find the rooms to be small at all. We are a family of four. Looks like you're a family of 3??? So, I would think you'd be fine, but room size is a matter of perspective I guess.

But, by August, all of the Poly room rehabs should be done, so you would get a nice new room. And since you already like it there...

I'm probably of no help right now. :rotfl:

I was very apprehensive about a stay at CR, but let me tell you, I loved it. The pools are very large and uncrowded. LOVED walking to the MK. Have not stayed at the others....

Congrats on your graduation!

We have stayed at two if your three. We have stayed at the Contemporary twice....it was just okay for us and doubt we'd ever stay again. We've never done WL....it holds absolutely no appeal to me. The Poly....have stated four times and love it. If it weren't for the cost and our ability to rent points and stay at DVC Villas much cheaper, we'd be at the Pily every time.

Among your choices, I'd definitely go with the Contemporary tower. If you're going deluxe though, have you given any thought to Beach Club or Boardwalk? Might work out better if most of your ADRs are at Epcot -- and you really can't beat being able to walk to two parks..

Thank you everybody for your insight. My husband and I read through them all and talked and decided on.......POLY!!! Lagoon View! :banana::dance3::woohoo::yay:We decided to go with what we know! We know we love it and we still want to try Contemporary later on but decided to try it for a night or two and not a week. I woud hate to get there and hate it and have the whole week be ruined for me because I will be thinking of the Poly! My worry now is about the renovations that are going to be going on according to tikiman. We requested Tuvalu longhouse. I wish I was sitting there now watching the light parade and fireworks on the beach!!!! Time to make a new ticker!!!:thumbsup2

Thank you everybody for your insight. My husband and I read through them all and talked and decided on.......POLY!!! Lagoon View! :banana::dance3::woohoo::yay:We decided to go with what we know! We know we love it and we still want to try Contemporary later on but decided to try it for a night or two and not a week. I woud hate to get there and hate it and have the whole week be ruined for me because I will be thinking of the Poly! My worry now is about the renovations that are going to be going on according to tikiman. We requested Tuvalu longhouse. I wish I was sitting there now watching the light parade and fireworks on the beach!!!! Time to make a new ticker!!!:thumbsup2

My vote was going to be for the Poly, so I think you made a great choice :goodvibes. We haven't stayed at the CR as the theme/decor has never appealed to us either, but with that said, we are trying the CR for 2 nights in December as I do want to try it, but not for a full week just in case we don't really care for it. I also agree with you about the WL. We love the resort and loved our CL stay, but the rooms are quite a bit smaller than the Poly and once you get used to the larger rooms (and a daybed), it's hard to go back. Have a great trip.......the Poly is amazing in so many ways :wizard:.

My vote was going to be for the Poly, so I think you made a great choice :goodvibes. We haven't stayed at the CR as the theme/decor has never appealed to us either, but with that said, we are trying the CR for 2 nights in December as I do want to try it, but not for a full week just in case we don't really care for it. I also agree with you about the WL. We love the resort and loved our CL stay, but the rooms are quite a bit smaller than the Poly and once you get used to the larger rooms (and a daybed), it's hard to go back. Have a great trip.......the Poly is amazing in so many ways :wizard:.

We too are going to try the CR for just a night or two, probably before December, I'll let you know how it goes!!

We too are going to try the CR for just a night or two, probably before December, I'll let you know how it goes!!

I would love to hear your review :goodvibes. We've stayed at both the Poly and GF and love being on the monorail, so we figured why not try the CR :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter