Help - which diet...

czycropper

DIS Veteran
Hi y'all - I've always come to the disboards when I'm planning a trip to Orlando and now I need to come to you to help me find a diet for me.

Little background:
Weight: 163 (ouch it really hurts when I actually type it!)
Height: 5'3"
BMI: 29 (per the WW site)
Work: part-time in a law firm (15-20 hours a week)
Family: 2 beautiful DDs (who are very active in cheer, girl scouts, school, etc) and a great husband who is usually supportive of whatever I do.

I tried WW in 2009 and I lost about 14 lbs. but then between the stress of going down to Florida to take care of my 91 year old Dad and dealing with my family and the constant phone calls - I just got off the wagon and stayed off. I also really didn't like going to the meetings since I basically didn't get much out of them, yes, I tried going at several times with different leaders and it didn't make a difference so I ended up just going on the scale (which always showed a much higher weight than my scale at home or at my doctors office) and leaving. I always forgot to write what I ate and usually guesstimated.

Right now - I'm on a strict budget and I really can't see spending $13 a week to get weighted and walk out.

SO....help!!!!!

Hi y'all - I've always come to the disboards when I'm planning a trip to Orlando and now I need to come to you to help me find a diet for me.

Little background:
Weight: 163 (ouch it really hurts when I actually type it!)
Height: 5'3"
BMI: 29 (per the WW site)
Work: part-time in a law firm (15-20 hours a week)
Family: 2 beautiful DDs (who are very active in cheer, girl scouts, school, etc) and a great husband who is usually supportive of whatever I do.

I tried WW in 2009 and I lost about 14 lbs. but then between the stress of going down to Florida to take care of my 91 year old Dad and dealing with my family and the constant phone calls - I just got off the wagon and stayed off. I also really didn't like going to the meetings since I basically didn't get much out of them, yes, I tried going at several times with different leaders and it didn't make a difference so I ended up just going on the scale (which always showed a much higher weight than my scale at home or at my doctors office) and leaving. I always forgot to write what I ate and usually guesstimated.

Right now - I'm on a strict budget and I really can't see spending $13 a week to get weighted and walk out.

SO....help!!!!!

I am getting ready to cancel my online WW online membership after this month! I joined in January and within 2 months lost 15 pounds. On March 1st, I started training for my first 5K and I was following WW at the same time and the scale WAS NOT MOVING. It did not move for 2 months and I was following the WW program faithfully BUT I was exercising and running more than I had in years. I just chalked it up to muscle weighs more than fat. While the scale was not moving, I was shrinking everywhere. Now, I am still following WW but not as strictly and I am running 10 miles a week and the weight is melting off. It took me almost 3 months of exercise for the scale to start moving again. I feel that now that I know what I should and should not eat and I am exercising and I am finally losing weight, I am done with WW. I am 5'2 inches and right now I weigh 160. When I started WW in January, I weighed 185 pounds. When I started running in March, I weighed 170 pounds. Just in the past month now that I am actually running 10 miles a week, I have lost 10 pounds.

My suggestion is to just make smart choices and start moving! I started with the C25K program. Google it, it is FABULOUS!!! Good luck!:thumbsup2

there are some great books to read on different strategies....Dr Phil's, Dr Oz, Jillian Michaels, etc. check out your library.

and join in here :welcome: there are several threads where a group of WISHers have a commonality and use it to be accountable to each other and help one another. Check them out and feel free to join any one, anytime! The commonality may be a goal, a program, etc...

You seriously need to go to sparkpeople.com and check it out. I have been a member for three years and my life has changed in so many ways because of it. IT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!

If you do venture over to the website, look me up and I am laurie5658 over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter