Help!! w/ budget

Luv Donald Duck

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I need help. I am leaving in 13 days for the world! We are really excited but inside I am freaking out. Its me, my DH and our DS (7 years old). I need to figure out how much $ to bring w/ us. We are going for ten days. Everything is paid for (tickets, hotel etc). All we need to budge for is food and souvenears. We will probably eat breakfast at the hotel each morning (pop century), lunch will be counter service in the parks and then a sit down dinner each night. Plus snack through out the day. Help!!! I have tried so hard to figure it out but it never seems to come out the same. How much would you all bring w/ you for the above? Thansk in advance for any help.

I personally would budget somewhere around $100 a day. If you are planning on non-counter like meals one meal could cost $75 by itself. I would take a look at All Ears Net for Menus with prices to get a feel for Disney meal prices. Also as far as souvenirs I set my budget before I leave home. I refuse to spend more $350. Since everything else is paid for I would take $1500 and work with that. But that’s just me!!!!

I have to agree with above poster. $1500 should just about do it. I usually tell people budget about $40 to $60 per person per day. I also tell them to buy/bring breakfast foods (cereal, pop tarts, muffins, milk, juice) and their own snacks (water, pot. chips) as this does cut down what you will buy in the parks. Most people will usually eat at least one meal as counter service but that gets old when your going to be there for 10 days at a time. So I would say add in a few buffets along the way to break up monotony. Instead of having dinner as a buffet, you may want to do a late lunch buffet (same food, smaller price) say around 2:30 in the afternoon. If you time everything right from the morning and eat a nice breakfast, snack in early afternoon and then big lunch around 2:30 you can find something small to eat at night or even split a meal if everyone isn't hungry. This also helps to keep the budget in check.

Additionally as the above poster stated, I wouldn't set aside too much for souvenirs ($250/$300 tops). A great way to save on this is not to purchase anything right when you see it (impulse buying is the worst). Write down what it is, the amt $$, and where to find it. During the last 2 or 3 days of your vacation, sit your family down, review the list to determine what you really want off of it then go get those items and your done. I find doing things this way allows me to really choose what I would like as a souvenir and I usually knock a few things off the list after really thinking about what I would do with it once I got home.

Have a great trip.

Are all you sit down dinners planned for the parks?

If so it could cost a lot. If you get the PS for the latest lunch times it might save you some money.

We have also gone to restaurants outside the park to save money. There's an Outback Steakhouse (yes, the actual chain) on 192 west of the park and a brand new cracker barrel and some others.

You'd be suprised how much cheaper chains could be... We were looking for pizza one night and it would have cost us over 25 for one pizza to get it onsite. We called the pizza hut in LBV and we got two large pizzas and 2liter for $22.

To save on breakfest we buy a sleeve of bagels and disposable fruit cups or bring pop tarts to save $....

Usually bring along crackers or granola bars for snacks.

If you are eating counter service remember that if they offer a double cheeseburger you can order a second bun for around a dollar and it will save you tremendously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter