Help! Stolen MacBook. CRAZY update!

Creepy! What if someone had been in the room. How did the person know someone wasn't? Staking the room out?

glad she got it back though - I agree that's pretty creepy.

The thing is, that Hotel Manager has got to have a pretty good handle on who is probably responsible. Hopefully appropriate action will be taken so other guest items are safer.

This is a little off topic but can someone tell me how large the safes are in the Disney hotels. We are going for our first trip this summer and I want to make sure we don't bring to much stuff that we can't put everything in it.

I wonder if computer is safe to use now. I mean could someone put some sort of bug to trace any info that may come from this machine, like online payments and so on.

I wonder if computer is safe to use now. I mean could someone put some sort of bug to trace any info that may come from this machine, like online payments and so on.

Exactly what I was thinking...I would have a computer tech check it out to make sure it's clean.

And how scary that the hotel has allowed some supposedly "unauthorized" person into their room twice now??!! Either their key entry system is flawed or has been hijacked or they have a pretty good idea of who it is. Glad she got her computer back though.

You can buy laptop locks for less than $10 on EBay. The problem is finding something in the hotel room to attach it to.

SO happy your DD got her computer back!

Please make sure you or your ex posts a review of the hotel on Trip Advisor. I never stay at a hotel until I read reviews on their website and people would probably appreciate you sharing your story!

:rotfl:Random thought..Do you think either DD or ex actually forgot where they initially put the laptop and later found it; then placed it where it would be found? I used to have a boss that would do that with files he lost:rotfl:

This is a little off topic but can someone tell me how large the safes are in the Disney hotels. We are going for our first trip this summer and I want to make sure we don't bring to much stuff that we can't put everything in it.

Not very big. We could fit our netbook in there with a camera and our walets, but there wasn't much space left after that.

I put our wallets/passport and macbook pro in the Disney safes no problem!

Creepy! Did he call and add that to the police report so they can check up officially on who had been in the room while they were gone?

Dumb idea but can they fingerprint it to see who's fingerprints have been on there? And then fingerprint the workers at the hotel? Idk how it works but an idea.

Soundsl like it was someone who works at the hotel and has acess to the rooms. Glad you are following through on all this . Strange story.

I know this won't help now but please look into Lojack for your future laptops. It may cost some to cover it but if it is ever needed than it is so worth it.

I only found out about this when I purchased my dell laptop 4 years ago and have used it since.

I am so sorry y'all are going through this and hope they can figure something out. It would make me very mad to find out someone was going through my suitcase too.

Don't know about OP but I will certainly look into Lojack. Someone broke into our house last night & took 2 laptops among other things.

I don't know if this'll work for apple laptops (definitely not for PCs), but I know that there's an app for iTouches/iPhones that basically triggers the GPS on it, so that you can find out where it is. You have to activate it BEFORE it gets lost/stolen, which I found out after I lost my iTouch.

If I remember the name, I'll repost.

find iphone is what I have. Is that what you were thinking of? I think you have to have a subscription to Mobile Me for it to work. I can sign in from any computer, anywhere, and it will locate my iphone, down to the address. If it ever gets stolen, I can tell the police exactly where to find it.

Let us know if they find who went into the room. it is weird the manager couldn't pull the log himself. I used to work for a hotel and as a manager the logs were very easy to print out.

I can only assume that whoever stole the laptop became very nervous by the police presence.

Last night my ex to DD to dinner and shopping after all the other drama was over.

While they were gone, someone went BACK INTO THE ROOM!!

When they returned and got ready for bed, the laptop was sitting on top of the clothes zipped into the suitcase.

I've contacted Comfort Suites corporate and my husband is still meeting the other officer today. Now someone used the key to get into the room twice.

Although this is extremely scary/creepy, I think I know a family who is going to get a bunch of free hotel stays with upgrades and meals.....

As for who put it back?? Guarantee you the manager raised hell with the staff who were working the day/shift time it was stolen and told the person it better show up back in the room. OR the person who stole it left it in the hotel office and the manager went and returned it when he saw them leaving for dinner.

If I were you, I would call Corporate again, demand the surveillance tapes and a record of the key-card. Even if a security key pass was used, they will know who used it for that room.

AND GET YOUR FREE HOTEL STAYS!!! LOL!!! Threaten to take this crazy story to the national media.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter