HELP! (Sci fi dine-in lovers)

ucncallmeflwr

Earning My Ears
Okay so this is the case, my fiance and i are taking a trip to the world in december. although one of our concrete dining choices is sci fi, i don't think he feels fully convinced that it'll be worth it.

Help me convince him!

1. Quiet, cool atmosphere.
2. AIR CONDITIONING!!!
3. Milk shake for beverage choice on DDP.
4. HOT FUDGE SUNDAE dessert!!!!!!
5. Not a lot of great meal choice in DHS (in my opinion...)
6. Love the wedge salad!
7. DH thought the reuben was great.
8. Onion rings!

We love Sci-Fi! :thumbsup2

We love Sci-Fi too! :lovestruc The atmosphere is great and the food was really good too. If you are on the dining plan, you can get a milk shake as your drink, and they are AMAZING! Also love their burgers and onion rings. DH had the reuben and really liked it too! If you are on the ddp and worried that it isn't worth the credit, pay for it out of pocket. That is what we did last fall. We has ressies there again for the end of May.

Sci-Fi for lunch is a good option - the burgers are among the best in WDW. It is a fun setting to try at least once. Portions are huge - share the onion rings, etc.

That said, we have no burning desire to have to eat there every trip. Definitely try it at least once, though, especially if you like burgers and shakes.

OK, I'm going to put this out there. My husband and I eat here often. Sometimes we go just the two of us and sometimes we are there with other people.

Every time we have dined here as a couple, we have been seated as "hitchhikers" in the back of a car, seated behind strangers. Not once, as a party of 2, have we been seated at the front of the car. So if you are OK with looking at the backs of people's hair/heads right in front of you eating, go ahead and experience it. And who knows, maybe you will get lucky and have a different experience than we have had.

FYI, every time we have been a party of 4, we have been seated in the front 2 rows with a couple of hitchhikers behind us.

Sci-Fi is a blast ! it's SO much fun to sit in the cool dark restaurant...IN A COOL CAR !! with milkshakes....and really terrific ribs and rueben sandwiches...and yes, the ONION RINGS !! (totally worth going just for them alone). Once he's in there and soaks up the atmosphere, he's going to tell you he is SO psyched you came. We're going in Sept and that's one of my "I can't wait to go" restaurants!! Have fun !!:cool1:

I love sci-fi so much that it is not on our dining plan and I am going to pay out of pocket. Its just fun and its a nice cool and dark break for a hot, sunny day.

Just DH and I and we've been seated in the front as much as the back. GREAT atmosphere. We always go for lunch. Burgers, onion rings and milk shakes. Yum. Nice and cool during hot weather. All around fun!

Does anyone know if a party of 7 can sit together? From all the pics we've seen, it appears that only 6 people can sit together? Just wondering.

Thanks

OK, I'm going to put this out there. My husband and I eat here often. Sometimes we go just the two of us and sometimes we are there with other people.

Every time we have dined here as a couple, we have been seated as "hitchhikers" in the back of a car, seated behind strangers. Not once, as a party of 2, have we been seated at the front of the car. So if you are OK with looking at the backs of people's hair/heads right in front of you eating, go ahead and experience it. And who knows, maybe you will get lucky and have a different experience than we have had.

FYI, every time we have been a party of 4, we have been seated in the front 2 rows with a couple of hitchhikers behind us.

We were there on March 6, two people, sat in the front. So, everyone's experiences are different. It's just whatever is open at the time.

FWIW, the food was very good. The service was very slow, around 1pm.

I LOVE Sci-Fi. And so does my husband and kids. It is a nice cool place to sit down. We especially like to sit in the cars. The onion rings are great. I particularly like the wedge salad. DH ate a burger and said it was wonderful as well. My kids had burgers and really enjoyed them. If not to go for the food, I would still go just to sit in there, rest and enjoy the atmosphere! I hope you choose to go.

I went there with my boyfriend in September for the first time. We absolutely LOVED it and now it's on our Must List for our next trip!

We were a party of 2 and we were seated in the front of a car.

We really loved the theming and atmosphere. It was just such a cool place to be! And the food was delicious! My boyfriend got a burger and just raved about it! I got the tofu and it was heavenly! The milkshakes are also fantastic!

My boyfriend is a big fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 so a lot of the movies they showed trailers for on the big screen were movies he'd seen on MST3K! He thought that was really cool!

And one of my favorite things about Sci-Fi.... Glow Cubes!!!

2497019080105608304S500x500Q85.jpg

We are planning on going here for our first time (well, mine and both my DDs' first time, this will be DH's second time) this coming September. I am really excited about it because I think the thought of the whole atmosphere is really cool. Anyhow, I had originally made ressies for 5:30pm (dinner), but then once I started reading this thread, I went and looked at the menu for both lunch and dinner and lunch sounds better to me so I went ahead and cancelled our 5:30 and got a 12:55pm ADR. I hope I did O.K. by doing this, for some reason burgers and onion rings sounds so appetizing, and they don't even have the burger option at dinner. What does everyone think....did I do o.k. by doing this or should I get my 5:30pm ADR back and nix the 12:55pm ADR.

We are planning on going here for our first time (well, mine and both my DDs' first time, this will be DH's second time) this coming September. I am really excited about it because I think the thought of the whole atmosphere is really cool. Anyhow, I had originally made ressies for 5:30pm (dinner), but then once I started reading this thread, I went and looked at the menu for both lunch and dinner and lunch sounds better to me so I went ahead and cancelled our 5:30 and got a 12:55pm ADR. I hope I did O.K. by doing this, for some reason burgers and onion rings sounds so appetizing, and they don't even have the burger option at dinner. What does everyone think....did I do o.k. by doing this or should I get my 5:30pm ADR back and nix the 12:55pm ADR.

I've heard you can get the burger at dinner even if it's not on the menu. You just have to ask.

I've never been to Sci Fi for dinner, so I'm not sure which is better. But I enjoyed going there for lunch! And I'll probably go again for lunch. For me it was kind of exciting eating at a night time themed restaurant in the middle of the day!

If you like the menu options for lunch better, then I'd probably go ahead and stick with the lunch res. :)

QUICK QUESTION: For kids on Ding Plan, is Milkshake included as well as a drink option? Also, are the kids cheeseburgers the same great quality as the adult burgers?

Thank you!

I just posted this question on someone's Sci Fi dining review, but I think I'll get my answer faster here. How does a family of 3 sit in a car? Does one person have to sit alone or can 3 fit comfortably together? My DH has very broad shoulders and we don't want to be too squished.

They have regular tables available at Sci-Fi, but the way the cars are set up is two people sit in the "front" and two people can fit in the "back", like an actual car. So even if your DH can't fit beside anyone, he won't have to sit by himself. Hope this helps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter