Help please.

stelamc

Earning My Ears
I will be going to Disney World for the first time in May 2015. At least I am trying to go. I requested and received a quote from a online travel agency that has wonderful reviews for Disney trips. The agent emailed me stating that a courtesy hold was placed for me. I have tried numerous times to contact the agent to pay the deposit and get no response. Question, will the courtesy hold be problematic if I switch to another travel agency or made the reservation myself with Disney? Thanks in advance for your help.

As long as you didn't give credit card information and put a deposit down, I'd say you're fine. A courtesy hold is only good for a short period of time (I believe 48 hours, but it may be a little longer than that).

Look for a much more reliable travel agency. I have an absolutely amazing TA and she is incredibly reliable. I don't think they allow me to mention an agency or names on here, but I will be happy to pass the info along if you want to give me an email. Since you're new here, I don't think you can private message on here yet either :(

IF you did give credit card info, I'd call my credit company and put a stop on it or something. Not being able to get in contact with them is concerning.

Good luck! I hope that helps!

I totally agree with PP. If they can't be available before they have your money, how well are they going to take care of you once they have it?

Don't be afraid to use the WDW web site and do it yourself. That way if you have any questions you just call them. There are no discounts that only travel agents have that you can't get from WDW yourself. Sometimes they offer incentives to use their TA but it's never a big deal.

of course this is all just my opinion.

Don't use this agent.

No matter, because you haven't given them any payment information. Just start making inquiries of other agents if you feel you prefer to use a travel agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter