Help me to convince husband

Originally posted by ZerasPride

.... I'm glad he loves Hilton Head (and so do I) but I don't want to have to take separate vacations when I want to spend a week at Disney every once in a while.

Just giving you something to think about. You may want to consider the long-term effects of "convincing" your hubby to do something he really may not want to do. I do hope you are able to find a "home" resort you can both be happy with and hope to welcome you home soon!!!!!!! :D

1. Maybe if you went to WDW and didn't go into any parks at all. Pick a DVC resort that suits what he likes. Check out Orlando. Does he like racing -- let him drive one of the cars at Richard Petty's. Eat at some great restaurants. Maybe consider World Showcase, but only if he's enthusiastic about it.

2. I agree that you shouldn't talk him into it. Sounds like it may be an affront to his masculinity. Or -- some people just don't "get it." As I said in my prior post -- when the time comes you'll both know it. I must say my wife wasn't excited about DVC but now she LOVES OKW. Probably because it is so beautiful, feels like home and is away from the Disney hustle, bustle and glitter.

Originally posted by flexsmom
I did the cost analysis thing. I explained the "no more vacations in one room with two small children" thing. I artfully demonstrated all of the different resorts we could use, as well as Hilton Head (golfing) and Vero. I assured him we'd never lose points through banking (or renting out if we had to.) When none of that worked, I "creatively" bribed him - and we're now the proud owner of 200 BCV points. There's always some way to do trade offs and compromise, even if I had to sell out something I was holding firm on!!!! (And did so gladly.) Of course, I'm convinced that any day now he's going to have the loony bin bus come to the house and take me away in a straight-jacket if I don't stop reading these boards......
Sounds good to me, maybe I'll resort to a "bribe". I think he'll come around sooner or later. Our 2 kids keep saying, "daddy, we want to go to DisneyWorld but you're being a poop"!". He's gonna break soon. I think at this point I'll rent points for a one bedroom and he'll get spoiled.

Originally posted by OneMoreTry
1. Maybe if you went to WDW and didn't go into any parks at all. Pick a DVC resort that suits what he likes. Check out Orlando. Does he like racing -- let him drive one of the cars at Richard Petty's. Eat at some great restaurants. Maybe consider World Showcase, but only if he's enthusiastic about it.

2. I agree that you shouldn't talk him into it. Sounds like it may be an affront to his masculinity. Or -- some people just don't "get it." As I said in my prior post -- when the time comes you'll both know it. I must say my wife wasn't excited about DVC but now she LOVES OKW. Probably because it is so beautiful, feels like home and is away from the Disney hustle, bustle and glitter.
1. This is great advice! Although I know he loved WDW the past 2 times we went, he expressed interest in visiting other attractions besides the parks.
2. I don't think I could ever talk my husband into something. Although in the past, he always seems to love the choices we've agreed upon for vacations and other purchases. With DVC, I think it's more the up front cash needed that he's not sold on. We've never done anything like this. Can't wait to rent points and get him to see the difference from a standard hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter