Help me plan my May HS days!

cgattis

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I love when other people say that, so I’m trying it!! Here’s our backstory...

DH, two teens, and me. (DH could care less, but let’s just assume he will do everything we do LOL) Haven’t been to HS since TSL opened!! Our last trip we were doing Avatar for the first time he sat Slinky Dog opened. Kinda want to do TSL just cuz it’s cute and it’s there, but it’s not make-or-break (unless you convince me it is). MMRR is a must, at least once. Both SW rides are a must AT LEAST twice. Seeing Galaxy’s Edge at night at least once is also a must. We don’t ask for much, do we 🤣🤣🤣

We have three HS days reserved plus one in each other park. We will not have hoppers but we’ve got some water park tix we could use too. I’d rather only use two HS days but keeping that third as a backup for now. Staying in Epcot area. So, understanding we can’t account for weather, breakdowns, or anything that changes before May......how would you tell me to attack this?? (And yes, we can go full commando if needed!)

Ok, so I love when other people say that, so I’m trying it!! Here’s our backstory...

DH, two teens, and me. (DH could care less, but let’s just assume he will do everything we do LOL) Haven’t been to HS since TSL opened!! Our last trip we were doing Avatar for the first time he sat Slinky Dog opened. Kinda want to do TSL just cuz it’s cute and it’s there, but it’s not make-or-break (unless you convince me it is). MMRR is a must, at least once. Both SW rides are a must AT LEAST twice. Seeing Galaxy’s Edge at night at least once is also a must. We don’t ask for much, do we 🤣🤣🤣

We have three HS days reserved plus one in each other park. We will not have hoppers but we’ve got some water park tix we could use too. I’d rather only use two HS days but keeping that third as a backup for now. Staying in Epcot area. So, understanding we can’t account for weather, breakdowns, or anything that changes before May......how would you tell me to attack this?? (And yes, we can go full commando if needed!)

Hello, my first question is, can the teens wake up in the morning? Are they going to be ready by 7/730 to get out of the door and at HS by 8am? This is assuming a 9am opening with early open at 8.

Obviously to start the day, you'll work together as a team to get the RotR boarding passes. After you get into the park, you'll head straight to MMRR, where hopefully you'll ride immediately, then you'll head back to You Story Land. Yes, you're going, it's not an option, deputy! Ride Slinky, TSM, AS2 all back to back, the take the back way into Galaxies Edge. If you got a low boarding group, lower than 20, you'll probably be called around this time. If you haven't been called,get in line for Millennium Falcon. Take a good break, then hop back to it. Beyond that, enjoy Star Tours, Muppets, Tower of Terror, and RnRC at your leisure.

May 1 has a sunset at 8, Hollywood Studios has a closing of 7, so be sure to schedule an ADR, for either SciFi or Oga's at or after closing in order to be in GE after dark.

Last November this is how we did HS. (Found the time based on pictures on my phone)
We got there around 9:30 AM for a 10:00 AM (Actually thought the park opened at 9:00 AM, LOL)
We were let in and re stood in line for Mickey Mouse Runaway Train.
Then went and did Toy Story Mania (Finished at 10:30 AM)
Went into Galaxy Edge's we had Boarding Party of 16 around 11:05 AM.
11:45 Had a drink at Olgas.
After 12pm had a Ronto Wrap and later on Blue Milk (12:45 PM) while we waited on line for Smuggler's Run.
After 1:30 pm, we ran to do Star Tours.
At 2:15 pm we went to Savi's to build a lightsaber. Then went into some of the Galaxy Edge stores.
In the remainder time, then we went off to do Tower of Terror, Aerosmith ride, Slinky and finally Alien Saucers.
30 minutes before closing (7pm?) we went back to get our pictures taken in front of the Falcon at night with my lightsaber.
Then we went to Disney Springs for dinner.

If I had to do it again and could split it into 2 days, I'd probably do 3/4 of the time at Galaxy Edge, ideally doing SR and ROTR twice (I know ROTR you can only get one reservation) with a little Star Tours in, eat and really take my time in the shops and then the next day all the other attractions.

Hello, my first question is, can the teens wake up in the morning? Are they going to be ready by 7/730 to get out of the door and at HS by 8am? This is assuming a 9am opening with early open at 8.

Obviously to start the day, you'll work together as a team to get the RotR boarding passes. After you get into the park, you'll head straight to MMRR, where hopefully you'll ride immediately, then you'll head back to You Story Land. Yes, you're going, it's not an option, deputy! Ride Slinky, TSM, AS2 all back to back, the take the back way into Galaxies Edge. If you got a low boarding group, lower than 20, you'll probably be called around this time. If you haven't been called,get in line for Millennium Falcon. Take a good break, then hop back to it. Beyond that, enjoy Star Tours, Muppets, Tower of Terror, and RnRC at your leisure.

May 1 has a sunset at 8, Hollywood Studios has a closing of 7, so be sure to schedule an ADR, for either SciFi or Oga's at or after closing in order to be in GE after dark.
LOL this is awesome! Yes Sheriff, the kids can get up! They’re used to commando Disney! Love this plan! And we can repeat on HS day 2 for re-rides on anything we want or skip the ones we don’t. I like the idea of the closing time res. That might even give us time to walk back to the hotel for a bit in between, depending on how things are rolling. Thanks so much!!!

Last November this is how we did HS. (Found the time based on pictures on my phone)
We got there around 9:30 AM for a 10:00 AM (Actually thought the park opened at 9:00 AM, LOL)
We were let in and re stood in line for Mickey Mouse Runaway Train.
Then went and did Toy Story Mania (Finished at 10:30 AM)
Went into Galaxy Edge's we had Boarding Party of 16 around 11:05 AM.
11:45 Had a drink at Olgas.
After 12pm had a Ronto Wrap and later on Blue Milk (12:45 PM) while we waited on line for Smuggler's Run.
After 1:30 pm, we ran to do Star Tours.
At 2:15 pm we went to Savi's to build a lightsaber. Then went into some of the Galaxy Edge stores.
In the remainder time, then we went off to do Tower of Terror, Aerosmith ride, Slinky and finally Alien Saucers.
30 minutes before closing (7pm?) we went back to get our pictures taken in front of the Falcon at night with my lightsaber.
Then we went to Disney Springs for dinner.

If I had to do it again and could split it into 2 days, I'd probably do 3/4 of the time at Galaxy Edge, ideally doing SR and ROTR twice (I know ROTR you can only get one reservation) with a little Star Tours in, eat and really take my time in the shops and then the next day all the other attractions.
Yes, that’s a good point—we want time to just soak in the area too. We’ll play it by ear on whether to do that all at once or spread that over the days too. Crowds and weather will probably dictate how we do that. And good note about Star Tours—we’ve got to do that too, and I forgot to list it! Thanks for the info!!

Yes, that’s a good point—we want time to just soak in the area too. We’ll play it by ear on whether to do that all at once or spread that over the days too. Crowds and weather will probably dictate how we do that. And good note about Star Tours—we’ve got to do that too, and I forgot to list it! Thanks for the info!!

Until they bring back fast pass and if they keep increasing capacity can be an issue too, when we were there everything was manageable about 35min to 1 hour. But, multiply that by 8 attractions and you'll wonder where the time went.

We did HS early Dec and walked over from BCV. We were third in line at 7:45a and they let everyone in around 8:15a for a 9:00a official opening. Walked on MMRR then headed over to SDD and MFSR. So by 9a we already hit all 3 of those attractions. Then it was about 20min wait for RnR. We also secured a BG for ROTR which was around 2:30. Not sure how May will be, but I'd imagine capacity might be a little higher.

LOL this is awesome! Yes Sheriff, the kids can get up! They’re used to commando Disney! Love this plan! And we can repeat on HS day 2 for re-rides on anything we want or skip the ones we don’t. I like the idea of the closing time res. That might even give us time to walk back to the hotel for a bit in between, depending on how things are rolling. Thanks so much!!!
At DHS today. The first half of the day, we were able to do nearly everything in order as described. The only thing we skipped was millennium falcon. Line was an hour long and our boarding group 27 had been called by the time we got to Galaxies Edge. Btw, we drove to the park and we're 4th in line where security holds people, but waited nearly 20 minutes before we could get to the parking lot. I was worried they held us too long, but it still worked out.

After RotR, we went to our droid build reservation early, went to one of the photopass spots, in front of the falcon and got pix with the droids, then it was nearly time for our 1215 lunch ADR at SciFi, so we sat down, checked in and waited maybe 10 minutes to get called into the restaurant.

After that, we did disney jr dance, which I'm sure you'll skip, lol, then launch bay for more Star Wars photopass shots for the Disney Visa photopass, characters aren't there right now, but they digitally add them, I believe. Haven't seen the character additions yet. Then a photopass in front of MMRR, then back to the resort for a break. Hopefully will do frozen sing along, Muppets and millennium falcon when we get back to the park in a bit. Then we have a 7pm ADR at Hollywood and Vine.

Sorry, I know that's a lot of info, just wanted to let you know it works 😁

At DHS today. The first half of the day, we were able to do nearly everything in order as described. The only thing we skipped was millennium falcon. Line was an hour long and our boarding group 27 had been called by the time we got to Galaxies Edge. Btw, we drove to the park and we're 4th in line where security holds people, but waited nearly 20 minutes before we could get to the parking lot. I was worried they held us too long, but it still worked out.

After RotR, we went to our droid build reservation early, went to one of the photopass spots, in front of the falcon and got pix with the droids, then it was nearly time for our 1215 lunch ADR at SciFi, so we sat down, checked in and waited maybe 10 minutes to get called into the restaurant.

After that, we did disney jr dance, which I'm sure you'll skip, lol, then launch bay for more Star Wars photopass shots for the Disney Visa photopass, characters aren't there right now, but they digitally add them, I believe. Haven't seen the character additions yet. Then a photopass in front of MMRR, then back to the resort for a break. Hopefully will do frozen sing along, Muppets and millennium falcon when we get back to the park in a bit. Then we have a 7pm ADR at Hollywood and Vine.

Sorry, I know that's a lot of info, just wanted to let you know it works 😁
For the photoshopped character pics, I assume you can take masks off for those? And yes, I expect my teens will skip Disney Jr dance, but DD did stand in line for pics with Sophia the First on her 15th bday trip 😝 She was the only one in line who was o we about 3 LOL

For the photoshopped character pics, I assume you can take masks off for those? And yes, I expect my teens will skip Disney Jr dance, but DD did stand in line for pics with Sophia the First on her 15th bday trip 😝 She was the only one in line who was o we about 3 LOL
Unfortunately, at least right now, any time you're anywhere in a Disney theme park, or anywhere on property really, you do have to wear a mask, regardless of how distanced you are from others, unless you're stopped and eating or drinking.

I didn't try, but I'm pretty sure the photopass photographers wouldn't take a maskless picture. Maybe that will change by May, but as a realist, I'd say probably not. Fall or winter will be more likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter