Help me pick AKV or BCV

karen4546

DIS Veteran
Hi all ! We have a trip planned for May. There will be myself, husband, adult daughter and her husband and 3 yr old grandson; my husband's mother (who will sleep on the pull out sofa in the living room no matter where we stay); and our 2 grand daughts ages 6 and 5. We are staying 5 nights. We are going to stay at either AKV or BCV -2br. I know the AKV at Kidani have 3 bathrooms and that is a plus and the only con which i don't consider -is that you have to take a bus to all the parks (i know i can use Uber/Lyft, but we use Disney transportation when we have a larger group),

Now BCV : we can walk or boat to Epcot and Hollywood studios. The Boardwalk is right there and great to visit at night. The pool is great. It will still be Flower and Garden Festival. We like Cape May and we will probably do the Bon Voyage Breakfast if available We stayed here in September and it was FANTASTIC !

AKV is BEAUTIFUL and of course has the Savannah (we will get a Savannah view room if we stay here), Jiko and Sana'a are great, and the pool at Jambo is good also. We have stayed here more than any other resort.

I am leaning towards BCV because of the proximity to 2 parks. But my heart is at AKV-our home resort.

Also, this is my husband's mother first ever trip to WDW.

I personally love both resorts. I don’t think you can go wrong either way. I haven’t actually stayed at BCV, but we have stayed at yacht club on the other side. The pool is a lot of fun for everyone, but it can get REALLY busy in the warmer months. As for transportation, AKV is the most out of the way and typically (not positive about this as we have only stayed there once) takes longer to get anywhere except animal kingdom of course. My decision would probably be BCV just because of the convenience of proximity to 2 parks and the amazing pool(we are very much pool people). Whichever way you go would be good and I hope this helps with making your decision.

Book your home resort and try to switch when you can. AK-K will have much more room and that 3rd bath. BCV will be very difficult to book at 7 months. Good luck and have a great trip.

Anytime I hear of young kids, I'm all about AKV. It's a trip they will remember their entire lives.

My choice would be BCV, despite the fact that in general, we prefer AKV. The walk to Epcot is wonderful, especially during the F&GF - you can taste around the world, watch the nighttime fireworks, maybe stop at the BW for an ice cream at Ample Hills & watch some of the performers, then just stroll back to your room. It sounds like you've stayed at AKV previously, so this would also give you the chance to try something different. enjoy!

I agree to book your home resort at 11 months and then try to switch at 7 months. If you don't mind doing a split stay, make two different reservations at the 11 month time period (different lead guest so they don't get combined) and then switch one to BCV

We have stayed in both, and preferred BCV. Stormalong Bay and the position for accessing the world showcase and the boardwalk made it our favourite. We had a savannah view at AKV and although it was wonderful to see, the isolation of the villas means we are unlikely to stay here again.

I think AKV gets a bad rap for feeling "far". The only park that I would say is really far is MK. DAK and DHS are pretty close and Epcot is not too bad. I stayed at Jambo House in August and the only bus ride that really felt long was to Disney Springs. The year before we stayed at WL and from there it was far to get everywhere but MK, so it's all relative.

In a nutshell, I would chose on the amenities and the theme you want. I would not give the transportation much weight. I do think for kids AKV will have more appeal. Have fun!

Wow my two favorite resorts, tough decision. Op I think you've covered the most salient points at both resorts. Being that you have a large group I would take Kidani because of the two queens beds and three full bathrooms. I agree with others, I would not let transportation sway my decision. The buses for AK resort are dedicated to that resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter