Help Me Make Sure I Understand This...

pjzkent

Mouseketeer
Can I book a 5 day ressie using my DVC ponts, and then have FIL book a cash ressie through CRO for 2 more days (save some weekend points) and get the military discount (he is a AF retiree). If I understand correctly, we would have to move rooms, as they ressies can't be linked together

:confused3

Do I have the right information?

TIA

Yes, you can do that.

Have your FIL ask CRO to put a note on the cash reservation that includes the DVC confirmation number & a request to stay in the same room . Then you call MS, give them the CRO confirmation number and ask them to request that you stay in the same room.

If that is done, you probably won't have to change rooms. (Remind them of the two reservations when you check in). You'll just have to go down to the front desk and check out and then back in again between the points and cash portions of the reservation.

P.S. Some DVC rooms aren't available for cash. Those include Boardwalk view and standard view at the BWV, and dedicated 2 bedrooms with 2 queens in the second bedroom at the BCV. Make sure you hve the exact same room type booked for points and cash. For example, you will have to change rooms if the points reservation is for a dedicated studio and the cash reservation is for a lock off.

Different names on the reservation could be a problem. I know it was for us when we booked on points and a few extra days through CRO. But we got it straight at the front desk when we checked in.

hmmmm this has me thinking?? I wonder if we can get the military discount for our one cash night in July at BCV?? We are booked at BCV for 7 nights but the Sat. night in the middle is a cash night. So we are all linked together. I never thought about the special going on and whether that would work or not.

Can I book a 5 day ressie using my DVC ponts, and then have FIL book a cash ressie through CRO for 2 more days (save some weekend points) and get the military discount (he is a AF retiree). If I understand correctly, we would have to move rooms, as they ressies can't be linked together

:confused3

Do I have the right information?

TIA
You can if he's with you. Put everything in one name. Make sure you don't get a unit type that cash customers don't get and you probably won't have to change rooms though you have the possibility.

You can if he's with you. Put everything in one name. Make sure you don't get a unit type that cash customers don't get and you probably won't have to change rooms though you have the possibility.

Hey Dean go back up to post 4...and see if I can do basically the same thing. I have a cash night in the middle booked without DVC discount....not available yet. However if I could get the military 40% off...that would be even bigger. BUT I wouldn't want to move for that one night. Thanks so much. Hey are you following me??? You just posted on another thread I posted on. :rotfl2:

Hey Dean go back up to post 4...and see if I can do basically the same thing. I have a cash night in the middle booked without DVC discount....not available yet. However if I could get the military 40% off...that would be even bigger. BUT I wouldn't want to move for that one night. Thanks so much. Hey are you following me??? You just posted on another thread I posted on. :rotfl2:
Theoretically but you take the right you MIGHT have to move twice. I wouldn't take the risk for a single night. Get the night on cash through DVC if you can since they will give you the discount later if it becomes available. Good luck.

Theoretically but you take the right you MIGHT have to move twice. I wouldn't take the risk for a single night. Get the night on cash through DVC if you can since they will give you the discount later if it becomes available. Good luck.

yeah I think that I better take the SAFE choice. But for a flash I thought "hmmmm 40 vs. 25% sounds great". I agree. I will just keep checking on the discount from time to time. THANKS AGAIN. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter