• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide where to eat - CS only

we have done both HP restaurants, and they are fun to do if HP fans, but food is just so-so. Not bad, just ok, but still would do one just for ambiance. I did enjoy the English breakfast. but lunch food was eh.
Last month, kids and husband enjoyed Thunder Falls terrace, (I ate Who Hash, which was yummy,) I enjoyed Today Cafe, and even enjoyed a slice of pizza at Louie's. (expected it to be like Disney pizza, and pleasantly surprised.) Had hoped to try a crepe, but lines were too long.
Our son is just a burger/fries guy. He didn't really eat a lot at Thunder Falls. He did enjoy the turkey sandwich at Today Cafe, but yeah, we actually got Burger King one night. If kids just want that kind of food, can find that in many places. I'd look over menus, and see what kids may want. I'd also consider splitting up if possible. I went off for Who Hash when nobody else wanted it, and just my son and I did Today Cafe, while the other 2 did Bend the Bao. The breadbox on city walk is good too. I've enjoyed Fire Eater's once, but kids wouldn't eat that. we also enjoyed Big Fire one night, and Toothsome's during a hot afternoon. When all was said and done, those TS places weren't that much more than the total at Thunder falls. more time taken for sure, and cost some more, but good burgers for our son at both places, and good sandwiches for us at Toothosome's.
have fun!!!

Thanks so much! I have family members with food allergies and since after our few days at Univereal we will be at Disney where pretty much everything has to be planned we decided for here to just go with the flow and not make any dining reservations and were hoping to be able to talk to a person if we end up at a quick serice instead of just the mobile order so this is great.

Thunder Falls Terrace -love this place for CS. Very healthy, good tasting options - I love their roasted chicken salad -it's huge with so much good stuff packed in.

Give me your thoughts? We will eat 6 meals or so in the park. We don’t currently plan to eat at City Walk. If we wait to eat til after park close, we’ll probably eat at the hotel.
I will tread lightly here…

Please, make sure to temper all recommendations here as to date stamp. Things have changed rather dramatically as to food offerings at both WDW & U…referring to quality and timeliness of being served at all the parks. This is being blamed on staffing & supply chain issues by management.

Twice, most recently in October, Simpsons area for us took well over an hour for mobile order once we arrived to pick up food, which was sub-par & cold. Quite disappointing when you are hungry.

blondie’s was decent, also had bit of wait. T Falls, too long to bother with after Simpson’s fiasco.

Try to eat decidedly ‘off peak’ if doing CS.

IMO you are far better eating in citiwalk or your resort, although that can be pricey, especially poolside. I

t is true, many of the menu selections at the citiwalk TS venues rival the price of CS. Large portions, possibly could share entrees or flush out with appetizers. Check out the menus & be sure to make advance reservations in order to avoid being disappointed.

enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter