• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide Storytellers Cafe or Goofy's Kitchen?

A friend dined there in December and it was still there. Of course things are constantly changing!

I remember someone said it had disappeared on weekdays or something and was only available weekends. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Don’t know if there’s a la carte items at Storytellers, but I do know there are some “off buffet” items you can ask for. Mostly stuff for kids like chicken fingers and pasta.

Which would you do for breakfast on a non-park day? To explain, I am a mahoosive Chip n Dale fan so, as far as I know, they appear at both venues... Which is the better breakfast? Nicer food? Quieter experience (I know, character meals are NEVER quite! ) Better interaction?
Just got back from our first trip to Disneyland. We did Goofys Kitchen for dinner and Storytellers for breakfast. We enjoyed Storytellers much more, however, it took close to 2 hours for Mickey to make it to our table. Chip and Dale, visited our table multiple times while waiting for Mickey.

Which characters are usually at Storytellers?

I was trying to decide between Goofy's or Storytellers for our departure day brunch, but after reading this thread I'm going with Storyteller's. We've already done Goofy's for dinner twice so it will be nice to try somewhere new :)

Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale at Storytellers. I usually rank the food at Storytellers above Plaza Inn and Goofy’s for character breakfast, but I was disappointed today (12:30 brunch reservation). Everything seemed to have been under the heat lamp for way too long. After today, I will pick Plaza Inn followed by Goofy’s.

I’ll agree the Storyteller’s experience has declined. The food quality isn’t as good, and we totally had the same heat lamp issue. The a la carte options are also greatly reduced and totally basic - No more truffle fries 😒 The character interaction is always fine though which my family of course couldn’t care less about…🤦🏼‍♀️🥴

Oh yes, the brunch option at Storytellers has small dishes prepared from the kitchen, in addition to the breakfast buffet spread. While the grilled cheese was still good, the buns on the sliders were extremely dry yesterday. These small dishes used to always be my favorites. Sigh…

I will vote for Storytellers as well, we have eaten at both and Storytellers was better IMO. We have rezzies for Storytellers for our upcoming trip in May.

I feel like the hotel buffets need to be hit on weekends. We have always done Storytellers on a Saturday or Sunday and it's so busy that the food is always fresh. We usually have to stand around waiting for fresh food to come out, which can be annoying, but at least the food is fresh.

I was at Goofys on Friday. Breakfast around 10. Fresh yummy food. Great character interaction. Minnie stopped by to chat. (Solo trip). DL was packed by the way despite the chilly temps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter