Help! Married/Maiden Name Dilemma

poochijo

Earning My Ears
Our family received our cruise documents for the April 7th DVC Anniversary Cruise on March 15th. As it is our first cruise experience and my first "international" trip, we thought it would be a good idea to get passports. Long story short, my cruise documents arrived in my married name even though our DVC documents carry my maiden name.

Disney Cruise Line said they would change the manifest listing to reflect the change to my maiden name and that there should be no problem but due to heightened security, I should check with Disney Vacation Club and have them confirm the error (wrong name listed) and to have them change the name on the reservation and then my documents.

Well, DVC Member Services has been researching the issue for three days and we still haven't received an answer. DVC states they will charge me a $75 fee to change my cruise documents while Disney Cruise Line will charge me a $25 fee to make the change.

Has anyone had to deal with this type of situation?

I am surprised and disappointed that DVC cannot "find" a copy of our original contract to confirm the name of record. Two representatives at Member Services assured me that this was the name of record because "it was in the computer."

Thank you for all for sharing and we would appreciate your wisdom.

Do you have a copy of the confirmation DVC sent you when you booked? It should have all of the passenger names listed. If it has you listed with the correct name perhaps you could fax a copy to Member Services?

Just a thought.

Michele

Thank you Michelemouse and 999ghsts for your help.

Our confirmation was in my married name and when I spoke to them about it, they assured me there would be no problem boarding. But having traveled to DisneyWorld in February and October 2001, we had been extra diligent about our reservations and documentation for this trip.

We are hoping Disney can sort this out; we can't wait to cruise the Wonder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter