Help! Lunch ideas?

Quinn222

DIS Veteran
I just got back to my desk after going to get a sandiwch for lunch. Every day I do this (or some variation of this.) If I could just get my act together to bring lunch to work I'd save a minimum of $25.00 a week, probably a lot more. That money could be going into my vacation fund. Since I only pay for myself to go to WDW and I have an annual pass that $25 a week could make a big difference!

Can you give me some hints, tips simple recipes for work lunches and the motivation to get them made in the morning? I have a fridge and microwave at work but I know if it's too complex I won't bother and I'll end up buying something.

Well here's an idea that you might try.....when making your dinner the night before, make a little extra. You could prepare it to take to work the next day during your clean up and have lunch already made for in the a.m.

also things that work...a salad and easy-to-make sandwhich
a can of soup and eas-to-make sandwhich
a can of chili
some fresh fruit and veggies one day
and don't forget to bring a water bottle to replace drinks you might be buying.

Get some flour tortillas, and make a wrap. Ham and cheese, roast beef.....

Pasta-Just boil some spagetthi noodles or ravioli, and bring a side salad or garlic bread to go along with it.

Along the lines of a flour tortilla, you could make a cheese quesidilla or even a soft taco.

Make yourself a fresh fruit salad, make jello in small containers and add in some fruit, a pudding cup.....

How about baking some chicken legs or boneless breasts, they're not too messy to eat & are easy to heat or eat cold.

I buy the coleslaw in the bag. It's easy to quickly fill a small container and pour Blue Cheese dressing on (my favorite... but what ever you like). Then just mix & eat. The coleslaw won't wilt like lettuce so you don't have to keep the dressing separate.

Good ideas! I could do some of the pre-cooking on the weekends. Today I did manage to make lumch. A bologna sandwich and a bag of apple slices. Just like 3rd grade! :rotfl2:

Chickysmom said:
and don't forget to bring a water bottle to replace drinks you might be buying.

That is one thing that I do do. I always have a bottle of water with me. Work provides us with coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cold or boiling water. I usually stick with water but some mornings I enjoy a little hot chocolate in my POR mug :)

I like to use leftovers. I have a great little Tupperware divided dish and make up or lunch for dh (or me if I'm working) as I clean up from dinner. Sometimes we fight over it. I need to make more and get another dish.

I like to use leftover taco meat or grilled chicken from dinner and put it over lettuce with some cheese and dressing for a great salad. I just put the meat, dressing, and cheese in a small container - and the lettuce and any other vegies I have in a larger container. Then shake it together at lunchtime.

I do sandwiches a lot. The key is buying a variety of breads - sandwich rolls, bagels, croissants, etc. and a variety of deli meats and cheese in small amounts that won't spoil before you use it - AND storing the lettuce, tomato, etc. in a seperate baggie and putting it on at lunchtime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter