Help...lost AP...leaving tomorrow

I must apologize that my last post was so upsetting that it made some people 'sick' and that now karma is out to get me. I absolutely believe in karma and I'll admit I did look at that as good karma for myself so interesting to see another perspective. Our trips are planned to the penny and we are very fortunate to get away and I have a wonderful woman who takes over for me while I'm away thank God or it wouldn't be possible at all. I run a feral cat rescue and feeding colony here all out of my own pocket. While forgetting was definitely my fault I would much rather see the 100.00 to replace all passes go towards vet funding and food for the colony I take care of, even though 100.00 doesn't go very far. In my eyes the homeless and abused animals I rescue deserve the money more than disney (as much as I love disney). I grew up in an abusive home and am very fortunate to be free of that now and being able to afford to do something I love (rescuing animals and getting them into loving homes of their own)...but it isn't cheap unfortunately. Anyways, I was offering some help to the poster in case she was really stuck as replacing for a family can get expensive and everybody makes me mistakes and we lose and forget things. I'm also sorry to the poster who dropped theirs on a ride...that really sucks :( I was actually shocked to wake up to the flaming but I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have bothered posting. Sorry again. Carry on, this is all you will hear from me on this topic as I am not looking for a debate.

Here is my take on your response. You lied so you did not have to pay $100. Now I have to doubt the story you are offering to justify doing so in response to the reaction. Oh well, only you know the truth and I hope that is what this is. As to financial arguments go though, my theory is if someone can really afford APs, they should have no problem paying the $20 replacement fee. If not then you really could not afford the AP in the 1st place.

Question to those who have had them replaced....Do the replacement passes have the same barcode numbers or are they different? Just curious.

Question to those who have had them replaced....Do the replacement passes have the same barcode numbers or are they different? Just curious.
Mine had the same when I reported it lost, but when my son's was different when his was stolen.

Here is my take on your response. You lied so you did not have to pay $100. Now I have to doubt the story you are offering to justify doing so in response to the reaction. Oh well, only you know the truth and I hope that is what this is. As to financial arguments go though, my theory is if someone can really afford APs, they should have no problem paying the $20 replacement fee. If not then you really could not afford the AP in the 1st place.

Yes, exactly! And BTW, most of us plan out trips down to the penny...feral cats or not :upsidedow

I can't see how she ever saw getting away with lying "good karma".

I absolutely believe in karma and I'll admit I did look at that as good karma for myself so interesting to see another perspective.

How could profiting from a lie EVER be considered "good karma"?

To the OP: I hope you found them before you had to leave and if not, at least you know replacement IS possible!

I lost DD's ap once. We left DL and went to RFC for dinner. When it was time to go back to the park, we could not find it anywhere. I searched under our table, though my wallet (which is where it should have been) over and over, and nothing. We retraced our steps but didn't find it. We ended up giving our story and we were charged the $20. Later, when I was getting out our APs again, there it was. Apparently it had stuck itself to another ap and it went completely unnoticed. I tried to get the $20 back but they said no to that, sigh. I'd heard that you get a courtesy pass the first time but that didn't happen for me.

I lost DD's ap once. We left DL and went to RFC for dinner. When it was time to go back to the park, we could not find it anywhere. I searched under our table, though my wallet (which is where it should have been) over and over, and nothing. We retraced our steps but didn't find it. We ended up giving our story and we were charged the $20. Later, when I was getting out our APs again, there it was. Apparently it had stuck itself to another ap and it went completely unnoticed. I tried to get the $20 back but they said no to that, sigh. I'd heard that you get a courtesy pass the first time but that didn't happen for me.

That happened to us in Nov. We were at the gates to DCA and I was getting all the passes out and couldn't find DS's. I know it was there. Frantically tore apart my wallet and then the backpack - still no sign. As I was near tears, I had the passes to DH who goes through them (mind you, I've done this a dozen times already) and he separates DS's from another one. Apparently the rain was enough to create a seal. I still can't believe I went through them so many times and never noticed them stuck together.

Not true. We've had things shipped back to us without a phone call, and we have been called to be alerted we have left something behind.

After Christmas, we were called within 6 hours of checking out of the Disneyland Hotel that we had left behind one of our service dog's balls. They were going to overnight it to us... (We told them to hang on to it and we'd pick it up at Tink.)

Maybe it varies by resort. When I left my keys in the safe at AKL, they did not call me.

That happened to us in Nov. We were at the gates to DCA and I was getting all the passes out and couldn't find DS's. I know it was there. Frantically tore apart my wallet and then the backpack - still no sign. As I was near tears, I had the passes to DH who goes through them (mind you, I've done this a dozen times already) and he separates DS's from another one. Apparently the rain was enough to create a seal. I still can't believe I went through them so many times and never noticed them stuck together.

Isn't that freaky??? I must've gone through those passes 5 or 6 times. That was one good seal! It was also odd that the CM who issued us a new one told me that the old one was still active so if we did find it, we could use both. ??? What would we do with 2 active passes for the same kid? :confused3 Get an extra FP? Invite along a friend who looked similar? :rotfl: DD is already a twin, lol!

Maybe it varies by resort. When I left my keys in the safe at AKL, they did not call me.

In December, I left several purchases in a bottom drawer in our room at DLH. Housekeeping left me a message shortly after we'd left for the airport and once I'd identified the items, they made arrangements to ship them to me.

But once when dh and I spent the night in a B&B for our anniversary, I discovered a few weeks later that I must've left my red negligee in the room, so I called and asked. Yes, indeed, I had. When I asked them why they hadn't called me to let me know, they told me that too often the person in the room is not actually the wife :scared1: so they leave it to the guest to enquire.

I'd heard that you get a courtesy pass the first time but that didn't happen for me.
You can get a courtesy pass. (It is a paper 1 day comp ticket, can't get discounts with it.) It is used when you forget your pass at home. They will usually only do it for one day. But when we forgot my son's at home, they offered to give me passes each day. BUT, I had to go to the ticket booth each day and have them look it up (for 5 days...) To me, the time wasn't worth the $20, so I paid for a new one.

What would we do with 2 active passes for the same kid? :confused3 Get an extra FP?
I kept his spare one in the car, and he kept one. That way if he forgot again, *I* had one. No, can't get a second FP as they share the same code. When they change the bar code, they invalidate the old one.

I must apologize that my last post was so upsetting that it made some people 'sick' and that now karma is out to get me. I absolutely believe in karma and I'll admit I did look at that as good karma for myself so interesting to see another perspective. Our trips are planned to the penny and we are very fortunate to get away and I have a wonderful woman who takes over for me while I'm away thank God or it wouldn't be possible at all. I run a feral cat rescue and feeding colony here all out of my own pocket. While forgetting was definitely my fault I would much rather see the 100.00 to replace all passes go towards vet funding and food for the colony I take care of, even though 100.00 doesn't go very far. In my eyes the homeless and abused animals I rescue deserve the money more than disney (as much as I love disney). I grew up in an abusive home and am very fortunate to be free of that now and being able to afford to do something I love (rescuing animals and getting them into loving homes of their own)...but it isn't cheap unfortunately.
Anyways, I was offering some help to the poster in case she was really stuck as replacing for a family can get expensive and everybody makes me mistakes and we lose and forget things. I'm also sorry to the poster who dropped theirs on a ride...that really sucks :( I was actually shocked to wake up to the flaming but I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have bothered posting. Sorry again. Carry on, this is all you will hear from me on this topic as I am not looking for a debate.

A sob story really won't save you. I work in animal rescue also, and while yes, that $100 can go a long way there, there's a lot to be said for being ethical and honest. I also grew up in an abusive home, but it never made me lie to save $20 - and then brag about it.

A few years ago we lost my son's AP while on a ride. We reported it missing to Lost and Found, with our DL hotel room number. The next day he was given a complimentary pass. We were so lucky that that evening when I called Lost and Found that someone had found it and turned it in.
If I lost a Pass at Disney, I would definitely wait a day before spending the $20.

A sob story really won't save you. I work in animal rescue also, and while yes, that $100 can go a long way there, there's a lot to be said for being ethical and honest. I also grew up in an abusive home, but it never made me lie to save $20 - and then brag about it.
I agree. We all have our own personal stories. I won't get into my home life, but we now raise service dogs for the disabled. I also support an animal rescue and a family relief agency, in addition to Team Muscle Makers for UCMD. But I would pay the fee for losing my AP, just as I bought a ticket for my granddaughter who turned 3 5 days before our trip.

a sob story really won't save you. I work in animal rescue also, and while yes, that $100 can go a long way there, there's a lot to be said for being ethical and honest. I also grew up in an abusive home, but it never made me lie to save $20 - and then brag about it.

+1

I just want to say how much I appreciate the wisdom, integrity, kindness and all around good karma perspective of this board AND your willingness to take a stand when you believe someone is not being upfront and ethical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter