Help DS and his poor friends out please!

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
DS18 and his BPA group are currently there staying at Swan or Dolphin. I had warned them ahead of time how expensive food was, but of course no one believed me :confused3. Today is their only park day, MK, and I suggested they go to Caseys and do the hamburger with toppings bar. They'd love a buffet but $40 is way out of their price ranges.

For the next few days, what would be cheap but really hearty and not require park admission? I was thinking Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, but don't know S/D or Boardwalk area very well....

TIA!

Terri

The Fountain at the Dolphin has hamburgers for about $13.00 each. That's probably the best price you will get in that area.

There's also the Big River Grille and the ESPN club on the boardwalk area, easily in walking distance to the Swan/Dolphin hotels. I'm not sure on prices there.

They don't serve hamburgers at Casey's, just hot dogs, if they want hamburgers they should try Pecos Bill or Cosmic Ray's.

ESPN Club might work for them. There is nothing cheap at the Swan/Dolphin. Even the cafeteria at the Dolphin is kind of expensive but they could try it and get a pizza. The pizzas are kind of small for a bunch of guys though. they can also get a whole pizza at the Boardwalk pizza window. For hamburgers they could walk down to the Beach Club and try Hurricane Hanna's when it's open.

The Boardwalk bakery might have something...What about that pizza counter on the Boardwalk? I, too, thought of Hurricane Hannah's...

Catch a bus to Epcot and transfer to the value hotels (Art of Animation, Pop, etc.) for a meal (sharing pizza?) and then back to Epcot, back to Dolphin.

Taxi to McDonald's? One person could get the order for several people and share the cost of the taxi.

Pizza delivery?

Good luck to them.

It really depends on their budget. There's a mcdonalds if they have a car near the all star resorts. (I don't know if you can walk there)

There's a pizza window at the Boardwalk.

Also, the Beachclub marketplace located in the store at the beachclub has reasonable sandwiches.

At the Beachclub pool is hurricane hannas which is a pretty good counter service.

inside the dolphin is a 24 hr counter service called picabu which should give them a decent variety to fit any budget.

If they're pooling their money for larger platters, they should try pizzas at Wolfgang Puck express at DTD. Make sure the go to the correct one - next to the christmas store.

Drinks add up. Suggest they ask for water - Free at every eating establishment including in the parks! (they can ask for a cup of wqter at any food place in Disney.) They don't need to buy bottled water.

I meant Pecos Bill, aduh! I texted him all the rest of your suggestions, thank you. They've been to Washington DC, LA, and Chicago the past three years, so always had lots of places they could walk to. I had warned them in advance that this would be a more expensive trip, foodwise, but who believes mom;).

We usually stay at Ft Wilderness, so I told them if they really wanted a buffet they could change busses twice and go there for supper, expensive, but filling and good...

Terri

Take the boat to Hollywood studios, and grab a bus to a value or mod. Alternative, take the bus to MK, grab a bus there to a resort.

As mentioned above, water is free.

I think Wolfgang Puck Express is a good choice. They give you a lot of food, maybe even enough for leftovers, although we are talking about boys here. They can just take the bus from the resort to DTD to get there.

Earl of Sandwich is reasonable as well. That's in DTD too.

Pizza delivery from offsite is a less-expensive option too.
The hess station over by BW has some food too.

If they have some time to kill, they can head over to the shopping center at the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard. There's a Sweet Tomatoes there and IIRC, a Cici's nearby. Both are cheap, and I imagine a group of teenage boys could put a real hurting on the buffets.

Take bus to DTD. Walk 1 mile to end of Hotel Plaza Dr. near S. Apopka Vineland. there's a McDonalds, Taco Bell, Perkins, Fuddruckers...

Take bus to DTD. Walk 1 mile to end of Hotel Plaza Dr. near S. Apopka Vineland. there's a McDonalds, Taco Bell, Perkins, Fuddruckers...

Where would they find hotel plaza drive once they get off at DTD since DTD is a pretty big place? This would probably be ok, as long as it's not one mile down a six lane highway ;).

Thanks!

Terri

Hotel plaza dr. is the main street that the buses will take. They can ask the bus driver which way to head...or anyone working at DTD. They may even pass the restaurants as they approach DTD. It's a busy street, but I believe there are sidewalks on both sides.

Yes, I just went to Google Earth street view and there is a nice sidewalk the whole way from the East end of DTD to S. Apopka Vineland Rd. That intersection is big, but there's a light and crosswalk. It's an easy walk. There's a Pizzeria Uno just across to the right and the Taco Bell sits behind it.

that's where Sweet Tomatoes is, too, right? Buffet, tasty food, way cheaper than Disney.

Where would they find hotel plaza drive once they get off at DTD since DTD is a pretty big place? This would probably be ok, as long as it's not one mile down a six lane highway ;).

Thanks!

Terri

It's one mile down a split four lane road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter