Help deciding resort!

cfknight

Mouseketeer
We just got back from POR on the 11th of may. We had such a good time I am suprising the family with another trip during christmas time. I am wanting to stay at a value resort. I have never stated at a value resort before and I am a little concerned if I will like it or not. My question is, which value resort would YOU choose and why? Thanks for your help.

Pop or Movies! Hands down, no questions.
Pop for location, theme, and general atmosphere. Movies for the theme.
Pop is number one though!:banana:

I would go back to Mod vice the value. The walls are to thin, i could hear everything all the time, but at POR it wasn't like that at all. The grounds are much nicer at the mod's, of course with that comes a little extra money. So, it depends what your looking for in a vacation. POP was fun for kids though, and they both have good food courts and pools.
Hope this helps, being I was at both of them in the last five years, staying at CSR in Sep, can't wait!

Pop - Best food court of the values, newest, nice grounds, fun icons, great pools and pool bar, great ice cream counter, pizza, close proximity of all but one building, nice standard views of lake available (nice and quiet), dedicated bus service. Way better value than mods in my opinion.

There are a lot on this board who have switched from deluxes to Pop and love it, like me. :)

Definitely POP! Great atmosphere, nice pools, food court is good. I also found the beds to be the most comfortable of any of the resorts I have stayed at (even moreso than AKL and CSR-both beds were like rocks!).

Joanne :flower3:

I'm not a big Values fan, but if it is Values vs. no trip, well, that's an easy decision! ;) We have only stayed at All Star Sports once and that was when it first opened, so things may be much different now. We stayed at Surf's Up! and had a second story room overlooking the pool. It was a bit noisy, but not overwhelmingly so. The a/c was not working very well. But my DS and his cousins loved it there and really enjoyed the food court. There were only 2 of us the first night, but 2 other family members joined us the second night and it was a little cozy. The bus transport was fine; we were there over Memorial Day weekend.

We had mostly stayed in Deluxe and moderate resorts until we purchased a DVC membership. We stayed at the value mainly to try it out for a few days when our home resort was full. For the price it was fine. Only 4 buildings were open on our visit, so we were lucky in that regard; there were no crowds anywhere. For two adults and two little kids, the room size would probably not be a major issue. For 4 adults or 2 adults with teens, I would say go moderate. Unless you will only be in the room to sleep, you will feel very hemmed in, IMHO. But if price is a major deciding factor, go for it! You are still on WDW property and I think that is a big plus for most families.

All Star Music is my favorite Disney owned hotel.

Please see my info thread for the resons why I enjoy All Star Music so much.
( CanadianGuy asked I post links to my info to save server space)

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18641909#post18641909

I would go back to Mod vice the value. The walls are to thin, i could hear everything all the time,......

I stay at the values quite often and have never had an issue with noise.

The noise issues come with :

1. The main pool is located very close to some of the value rooms.

The themed pools at the mods and deluxes are set away from the rooms.

Tip: Ask for a room facing away or located a ways from the main pool.

2. Turbo toilets

The Values are newer and have the turbo toilets.

Tip: Close your bathroom door at night because noise travels through the plumbing.

3. Connecting rooms

About 50% of the value rooms have connecting doors.

Noise will travel under the connecting doors in a room.

Tip: If you have noisy neighbors open your connecting door and place a rolled up bath towel on the floor between then close and lock your connecting door.

Some guests have also reported a fan or white noise machine also helps them get a good night's sleep.

These tips should help you get a restful sleep at any hotel anywhere.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter