Help choosing a vacuum from Costco

floridascgirl

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at 2 different vacuums at Costco and was wondering if anyone had some input. My house has all hardwood flooring except for my DS room which has berber carpeting and our living room which has a large bound sea-grass rug.

Vacuum #1 Hoover Windtunnel Self-Propelled Breathe Easy Bagged Upright for $179.99

Vacuum #2 Eureka Boss SmartVac 4870SZX Pet Lover Upright for $139.99

I read the Costco reviews and as usual people either loved or hated each one. :confused:

Thanks DISers!

PS. I'm open to any other recommendations, but I don't really want to spend much $ since we don't have a lot of carpet. My old vacuum was the worst...it spit out more than it sucked up!

If your house has mainly hardwood floors, you would do better with a canister rather than an upright vacuum. Uprights are better for carpeting. You don't need a lot of power for hardwood floors, so I'd probably go with the cheapest if your only choices are these two vacuums.

I just bought my second oreck in 10 years. My first one is getting older, I found one for $100 at target and bought it for my upstairs figuring I will not have to carry the other one up the stairs and the new one is a great price. I would absolutely without a doubt recommend an oreck. I have had mine tuned up several times in 10 years. I used to have 2 large shedding dogs and it did a wonderful job with pet hair. They are very light vaccuums.

Oreck hands down. My local Costco has one and it comes with the small canister vac too. You can buy it online too here is the link http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...Ntt=oreck&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode matchallpartial

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter