Help! Boyfriend Doesn't "Get" Disney.

I've been watching all the Travel Channel shows with him and he does seem excited about the thrills, especially Mission Space. However, I'm a little weary of Mission Space because of stories I've heard from my mother and grandmother (who love thrill rides btw). Has anyone been on the less intense version?

I have been on the MORE INTENSE version (if this helps you). Because my brother and I are young and I did think it would be that INTENSE but MAAN!!! I almost had to use the barf bags in there!! I had a headache the rest of the day at Epcot!!:sad2: My bro didnt mind it and went straight to the Test Track line right after it!! If you get car sick easily .. go with the less intense version of the ride.

Disney is something you just have to experience before you fall in love with it. I am 32 years old and was just at Disney for the first time back in September. Before then I had no idea what the big deal was, and now I am completely hooked!! :love: We love it so much we became DVCers. It's great because there is something for everyone. It will be fun for you to see his reactions to the great things at Disney that you already know & love. Your boyfriend will just have to experience it for himself. Have a fantastic time!:donald:

Have him go to YouTube and search for videos of the thrill rides!!!:cool1:

It helped for my family:thumbsup2

The first time we went, my wife had to convince me to go. SHe had me believe that it would be fun to watch our son enjoy the parks. Once I got there I was hooked. Now I have to convince her to go every year.

This is the story of one of the converted. I was 33 when DH finally got me to Disneyland and it was okay. We spent 3 days doing Disney (touring commando-style so we didn't miss anything) and then spent the rest of our time checking out other locations and parks.

Several years later we went to WDW and I was totally and completely hooked. WDW wasn't just one of the stops, it's the destination. We stayed on-property for 10 days, touring like crazy for a few days, and then we got into the groove. We would go early to avoid the line-ups, take breaks after lunch, and spend the rest of the time wandering through the parks and enjoying the performers, the food or even just people watching. It was not only fun, it was really relaxing and romantic.

Three bits of advice if you're trying to convert someone.
- Avoid the line-ups (go early, do the cool stuff, get out)
- Take breaks so you don't wear out, then you'll have the energy to do some of the fun and romantic stuff in the evening.
- Choose something they like and make it a focus (I love good food and he wined and dined me at some amazing restaurants)

When we skipped Disney the next year I pouted the entire summer. On our second trip I KNEW WDW was the most magical place on earth. In fact it was me, not DH that signed us up for a DVC appointment, and spent the next 5 months telling him that we were buying it. We're taking our first trip as DVCers this Aug. and I just can't wait.

Would this angle help him connect?

If he is a gadget and/or engineering guy-
The place is a fantastic collection of engineering marvels. The way the things run, were built, are maintained, is pretty amazing.

Monorails, steam trains, magnetic launch coasters, are all some of the really cool gadgets that can be found at Disney.

And it is a FUN place to visit...................especially with a friend.

Hello, I'm new to disboards.com but I'm anxious to hear everyone's advice. My boyfriend and I ( we're both 19) are planning a trip to WDW in August. I'm beyond excited, it will be my second trip, first time staying on site. (Also I believe I was around 9 or 10 the first time). My boyfriend has never been. As I mentioned before I am overly excited counting down the days till our departure (August 11th). My boyfriend is excited that I'm excited but is more so going along with the trip to please me. Any ideas how to get him pumped up for the trip. I don't think he gets just how amazing WDW is and that it's not just another theme park. Please I need ideas.:tinker:

Until he experiences Disney you really can tell him what its going to be like. If after his first experience he still does not get excited, then I'm sorry to say, its time to get a new boy friend.;)

I agree with many of the other posters on here about having him experience it when he gets there. I am in a similar situation as you, I am 20 (turning 21 on our trip!) and my boyfriend is 21. He has been to Disney before, but I can tell he doesn't understand why I am so obsessed. I talk about it continuously, but I can tell he still doesn't get it so my plan is to show him all the great things about the World and how magical it can make you feel at any age. I honestly think by just showing him when you get there all it has to offer and how great it can make you feel, he may begin to finally understand and by your next trip he will be super excited ;)

Dude trust me he wont truly understand until he gets there! I'm serious my best friend totally sucked the life out of planning the trip did not care at all but she got there and she was beside herself with joy. Show him the planning video look at the library or on the travel channel and see if you can find any specials on Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter