hello from Roma

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
Well we made it in one piece. No Flight delays, went straight from Phila to Rome. We were met by an ABD representative in the baggage claim area, and then we were taken to our car and driver for the trip to the hotel. The drivers are crazy. The hotel, Bernini Bristol is quite nice and our room was ready. My plan was to go to Ostia Antica but we did not sleep hardly at all on the flight and we were exhausted. We opted for a short nap instead. We had a late lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and then decided to walk around. Since we are going to the Borghese Gallery tomorrow, we walked over to see how far it was and once we got there we roamed around the gardens and the park. Very nice.
Well we our going out to find some dinner and hopefully get a gelato. So far the weather is beautiful, hopefully it holds
up.

Glad you had a good flight and made it safely! The two restaurants that we went to in Rome were Il Chianti (near the Trevi Fountain) and La Rampa (near the Spanish Steps). They were both buonissimo! Enjoy your trip and can't wait to hear all about it! If you go before 7:30pm, you'll beat the heavy dinner hour as it seems everyone in Italy begins dining around 7:30 or 8:00.

I hope you have a fun, relaxing and wonderful time! Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Hope you are having a great time. My daughter and I will be leaving next week (Friday) on the same trip. I look forward to your daily updates. ENJOY!

is it in the hotel? How much is it a night?

The cost is 24 Euro for a 24 hour time frame, it cost less for shorter timeframes but my daughter is posting for teaching positions so we are buying the longer time.

Had a busy day today: Coliseum, Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain. Pantheon and the Piazza Narvona. We had great pizza for lunch and tasty Gelato. Not sure where we will eat dinner, but we want to do some shopping this evening diskidatheart, I will take your recomendations for dinner as we will be walking down that way tonight.
Our guides are Marco and Cinzia, very nice and they are great, and full of information.

So glad you are enjoying your trip. Hope your weather is good and that the guides are keeping any chances of rain away! You'll love tomorrow at the Vatican. Keep those batteries charged up and take lots of pictures! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter