Heard of another shut down happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no point to a lockdown if everything is open.

So rent & utilities don’t need to be paid? Cars all of a sudden breakdown in a shutdown? Walmart is the only place to buy groceries?

my state has an eviction for non payment of rent moratorium right now so many renters are not paying rent weather they can afford it or not and it was just announced that the state is making the eviction process more time consuming w/greater delays specifically for non payment evictions-so in effect:

NO, rent doesn't have to be paid.

utilities? you won't have them under your total shut-down. you did'nt list those as essential services so no one to run the hydro plants we use or monitor the gas and power line so one nasty bit of weather and bye-bye power (water plants have to be mainted too, so fill up your bathtub before that 6 weeks kicks in).

NO utilities, no paying of utilities.

yup, cars break down and since you've said first responders are essential then you need to have a resource for them to get to/from work or even respond b/c the non essential mechanics won't be available to help them from home. we have volunteer fire departments where i live so the first responders often drive their own vehicles to the scene of need.

No auto parts, no emergency services.

Walmart as the only resource for groceries? yes, yes it is for several areas near me. not everyone lives in an area with multiple grocery options and while i've got 2 alternates the same amount of distance in the other direction from my home we have people that travel 30 or more miles to get to that walmart b/c for them it's their only option. what i don't understand is if walmart is to be closed under your plan-why can safeway or the other stores stay open (if you don't want people to be able to shop in certain departments you can close them off as regions of canada has done with costco).

Walmart is for some-their only option.

his advisor said it. During his commercials he said he will listen to his advisors.
His advisor said that in a perfect situation we could close down and receive money from the government during that shut down to cover what we would be making. People ran with that comment to let people think we were going to close down. The statement was clarified already to explain it wasn’t (and couldn’t) happen.

We're worse now than the last time we shutdown. No idea why we haven't shutdown already.
We have learned a lot regarding treatments and how the virus is transmitted since then. The initial shutdowns were somewhat an overreaction because we didn't know how cases would ramp up (reference the field hospitals set up in many metro areas that turned out not to be needed).

His advisor said that in a perfect situation we could close down and receive money from the government during that shut down to cover what we would be making. People ran with that comment to let people think we were going to close down. The statement was clarified already to explain it wasn’t (and couldn’t) happen.

Yes it’s very easy to do a little research and get this info. I even posted a link to it in here. I’m glad you went the extra mile.

Unfortunately, people will continue to believe what they want to.

Can someone who thinks we need any type of lock down (full or partial) again please explain to me what constitutes an essential business and a non essential business. Also who gets to decide this.
I think every business is essential to the owner,the employees,the suppliers that supply them and their customers. I think they are essential to the people that all listed are owed money to and count on those business.
Why was it okay to go to a liquor store but not get a hair cut. Since when is a liquor store essential? That's sarcasm by the way.
Every ones business and job is essential to someone am I not correct?
I see a lot of government officials still collecting a pay check. Maybe they should not be paid till everyone they effect with their decision is aloud to go back to work and business are aloud to reopen.

My guess is some but not all people who are in favor of another shutdown are not worried about losing income to pay their bills. Note I said some but not all.
I have seen this with people I personally know.

I think every business that is still closed should be aloud to re open using proven safety and sanitary measure's.
People need to get back to work.

There is no point to a lockdown if everything is open.

So rent & utilities don’t need to be paid? Cars all of a sudden breakdown in a shutdown? Walmart is the only place to buy groceries?
My husband just found a nail in his tire, he's patched it (bought from an auto store you want to shut down) and will be buying new tires really soon. I didn't start my car for 4 months in the spring/summer and the battery died so I needed a new battery, we replaced my valve cover gasket (my car slowly leaked oil) which was bought from an auto store you want to shut down, my sister-in-law has had 4 things go wrong this year with her car (lord she has the worst luck), my mom just replaced her battery on her car. That's just this year.

In the past I've had my shifting solenoid randomly go out--that means the car won't shift into any gear. I've had the water pump go out, my horn pad needed to be replaced (after replacing the horn itself 3 times), a tie rod needed to be replaced, alignments done, tires rotated and replaced, a few years ago we replaced my radiator (bought from an auto store you want to shut down), etc.

It's not because of the shutdown (though not starting my car for 4 months is because I wasn't driving it at all) and anyone who has owned a car probably has had experience with random car issues or knows someone who has, you're lucky if you haven't. Regardless car maintenance is normal as well.

Should there be rolling shutdowns, of course, yet, I am 100% behind this staying a State decision. That doesn't mean there can't also be a Nationally coordinated effort to reign things in on a regional basis, and support the States that need help as this ripples through our country. This "my way or the highway" nonsense needs to stop, we are not like any other country because there is literally zero homogeneous population outside of small communities so we neither listen nor react in the same way town to town.

In dealing with disease it's plain the States belong in control because the different communities require careful attention and anything bigger than the States will only cause MORE distrust and honestly, the US is so full of distrust right now it's overflowing. Still, there really needs to be some National voice of recommendation that acts as a yardstick to measure being reasonable or unreasonable against so, at the very least, the citizens know when it's time to eject a leader for willful disregard. There needs to be a voice that goes it's own way or noone will trust it, it needs to be a measured voice neither side loves because if someone isn't mad it'll be seen as disingenuous and fail.

And somehow we're worse now than back then.
I didn't realize it until someone pointed it out... remember earlier this year when the death rate was ~5% (maybe as much as 10%)? Did you realize, at least in the US, we're down to 2% TOTAL? 272,536 deaths to 13,643,294 cases. That's 1.997%.

Then, if you factor there are a large number (at one point wasn't it ~8-10x?) of people who had Covid but didn't get a test? Even doubling the number cuts the death rate in 1/2.

I didn't realize it until someone pointed it out... remember earlier this year when the death rate was ~5% (maybe as much as 10%)? Did you realize, at least in the US, we're down to 2% TOTAL? 272,536 deaths to 13,643,294 cases. That's 1.997%.

Then, if you factor there are a large number (at one point wasn't it ~8-10x?) of people who had Covid but didn't get a test? Even doubling the number cuts the death rate in 1/2.

It's the long hauler effects that will have an impact on our economy in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter