Heads up for ADR reservation time

lake queen

DIS Veteran
Today was our reservation day, so based on the threads I've been reading, I was expecting to
refresh from 5:45-6:00, when I expected our dates to go live.

I started checking on the app at 5:35, and our dates were live and ready to go! My daughter and I immediately started making
ressies, and had almost every thing we wanted by 6:00. At 6:00, the app started glitching ( probably due to volume of people getting on at that time.)
At that point I switched to laptop, to continue to look around.

We were not able to get Olgas, did not ever even see it as a choice. This was no surprise to us .
We also did not get O'hana, for 6 on our first park day. We made a ressie for 2 on the first night, then a ressie for 3 of us later in the week. ( not everyone
in our party is staying the whole time.)

I will continue to search for that O'hana for all of us! But I really wonder, what could I have got if I had noticed our dates were live sooner, and how early did
they really open up???

Last edited:
Ours opened at exactly 6am today it the app kept crashing. It took almost an hour to get what we wanted even if the times were not what we wanted. I checked back a couple hours later wind was able to change a couple times. I set up dining alerts for Olga’s. We were able to get Ohana for a different trip by setting up alerts too. You have to be quick but it worked for us . Good luck

I've been checking since Sept 1st for reservations to open for Nov 8, 9, and 10. When the days opened nothing was available for all the places we would have chosen, and some the we would not. Are all the reservations going that fast? We haven't been to Chef Mickey's in years and hope to have breakfast the day we headed home. I can't tell you how disappointed we were with the lack of availability.

I've been checking since Sept 1st for reservations to open for Nov 8, 9, and 10. When the days opened nothing was available for all the places we would have chosen, and some the we would not. Are all the reservations going that fast? We haven't been to Chef Mickey's in years and hope to have breakfast the day we headed home. I can't tell you how disappointed we were with the lack of availability.

Searching for the same days and also Chef Mickey's. Absolutely nothing!! It's my nephew and niece's first trip and that was the only restaurant they requested. I wondered if reservations opened early? I can't believe how hard it's been to book. Wishing luck to us both!! Something will pop up :D

When things open up is variable. Even once it opens up, some things do not come up after multiple refreshes, and then they appear. I would just start early (5:30am) and keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter