Heading to Anaheim!

Greg K.

Happy DVC Member, DIS Vet, and Catholic Deacon
Just found out I'll be in LA for business the first week of May, so my wife and I will make a little sidetrip to DL for three days at the end.

The only on site hotel available was the Paradise Pier, but I'm hoping against hope I can get a cancellation at the Disneyland Hotel and, maybe, get a room with Tinkerbell's pixie dust. (I'm really NOT 8 years old, honest ;) )

Anyway, the Walt Disney Travel agent who took my reservation said Paradise Pier has its own entrance to DCA. Which surprised me. Since I thought only the Grand Californian had that. Given this hotel's location, I suspect it's not quite the same as being IN the park...but I'm wondering ... is this a really neat perk, or just hype?

And: any thoughts on Paradise Pier, and the recent renovations?

<font color=blue>
<font face="Alaska">"It's the time of your life, so live it well..."

Greg K.
Forest Hills, NY
<font color=maroon>
Grand Floridian: '96,'97,'99
Disneyland Hotel: '00 </font>

The Paradise Pier entrance to DCA is a neat perk because it is convenient for those staying at the hotel. You will cross Disneyland Drive at the light as if you are going to stay at the Grand Californian Hotel and on your right you will see an entrance to DCA which says you must be a Paradise Pier Hotel guest with a key. It is neat!

By the way I like the Paradise Pier Hotel. They have a great Japanese restaurant, Yamabuki. Their other restaurant Disney's PCH Grille is great a fusion of California and pacific rim cuisine (I think that is what the restaurant calls it). THere is a character breakfast with Minnie and Merlin. A character afternoon tea with Mary Poppins.

Also all guests of Paradise Pier can use the great Never Land pool at the Disneyland Hotel which is only a short walk away.

You will have a great time!

Larry Poppins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter