Headed back to the Fort, January 2019 TR thread.

Brief update because I am exhausted.

Mallory on the way down yesterday.

2D48E0CC-9C95-4841-815C-1F90AE8DDC66.jpeg

We got started a bit late but made up some time. I did not drive because traffic was insane. Lots of trucks going really fast. We made it to Ocala Sun in 6.5 hours. Very normal not going to do it much faster. Like I said traffic but going fast.

Did well leaving Sunday morning. Had breakfast with my in laws at the Cracker Barrel. On the road by 10 and at the fort at 11:20. While site was not ready at check in, I got my text about 3 minutes later. We unhooked in overflow and then went to 412.

Did setup and some extra cleaning. We trimmed Mallory and I did work all before a 5 pm ressie at TE.

Ok new thing on menu not sure for how long but it was good. Pork belly and polenta.

D3EA2B14-EF85-4274-AFD8-4AD22239796E.jpeg

Came back walked Mallory and ready for bed.

After working today I am in for a rough day tomorrow. Hopefully a few more pics.

Did meet mike just before everyone had dinner plans.

I will try and post daily pics. There is not so much trip reporting when it’s a work week. Here is my office though.

7A86F37F-8316-46F2-9B0F-435C144770B7.jpeg

My secretary

E2B7A02A-0DEA-4BF6-BA8C-B09068492A21.jpeg

The 400 loop is perfect for walking Mallory, not too big. She even got lots of pets.

A17273CB-A57B-4ACD-9E1D-DD06F14702E1.jpeg

Dinner tonight is burgers. We have TFP 2. Probably have a fire tonight and roast hot dogs tomorrow. The weather is fantastic but I don’t think it will hold out for race weekend.

Just added a couple days to our trip ! 1/13-20/19 !

Good for you!

giphy.gif

I dream of spending a long relaxing January at the Fort (or early February). In after the Marathon and then keeping my head down during MLK weekend (expect there would be more visitors). And out before Valentine's. Two weeks in there somewhere. Please throw me some crumbs.

And please keep the updates coming later this month (I mean, if you can remember what day it is .... :rolleyes: )

Bama Ed

PS - Kris, what are you and Bert's plans for the Race weekend? Who is doing what when?

Last edited:
PS - Kris, what are you and Bert's plans for the Race weekend? Who is doing what when?

I am doing the mouse challenge,10k on Friday and marathon on Sunday. Bert is doing the marathon. Actually weather for 10k is not looking bad, a little colder than I would like at 45 but dry and I prefer that than hot and humid. Speaking of warm and humid that is what we might be in for on Sunday.

My secretary screening my office

NOBODY gets past Ms. MoneyPenny guarding M's office in the James Bond movies.

I'm pretty sure nothing is getting past Mallory unnoticed.

You're quite safe, Kris. Just watch out for 007. His nom de guerre is "Bert" . He could get past MoneyPenny/Mallory...

giphy.gif

Get enough rest. You're running twice later this week.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Kris, Mallory Is looking great. Enjoy your stay & good luck to you & Bert this week-end. Our 1st Granddaughter will be arriving Sun. For a week, Not staying at the Fort, but on Disney property. She is very excited. Annette is in her 3rd year college & working also. She deserves this time to relax & have fun.

Thanks Gloria, hope you are recovering well.

Work was pretty normal for a change. The only exciting thing to happen was it was expo day. Got our bibs and shirts then went to publix for a few things. We needed more firewood for more fires. Though no fire tonight.

Actually really like the shirts. Color is much better in person. I love Minnie she looks very determined, just like me.

EC080820-1338-47CB-8D69-F9BD1EC77061.jpeg

578EBE03-1D75-4185-A44A-B64C0A24F0D0.jpeg

0B2D904F-A01B-44A8-A4F7-FDEBC5E3D798.jpeg

FF36817B-C4C1-443D-A816-3DED51472DCA.jpeg

4825BE85-2D9B-4D2C-82CA-211C1AD75E4D.jpeg

46E7BFE3-9566-458C-A6AE-A08A9803156C.jpeg

That last pic is hilarious. Mallory's like "what, another picture?, I'm tryin' ta drink here" :dogdance:

That last pic is hilarious. Mallory's like "what, another picture?, I'm tryin' ta drink here" :dogdance:

Ha I know and she needs to drink more. Having some issues peeing her so that means not enough water. Which is funny since we are with her all day this week. I keep sticking that dish in her face and she is like nope.

We did take a little longer walk today, even with it cold.

D9DAB606-275D-488B-A74B-0492EEF2C079.jpeg

This morning we went to TE for breakfast. On Tuesday and Thursday they have added a chicken and herbed waffle to the buffet. We shared it. I thought it was pretty good. It had a saracha maple syrup with it, hoped it would have a little kick but it did not.

9143A2F0-D110-4D2E-8A58-5BD952B160D7.jpeg

Getting up at 3:30 tomorrow. I can’t sleep work cranked me up. Hopefully I can push that down and sleep and generate it tomorrow for the race.

I can’t sleep work cranked me up.
Work has a way of doin' that to ya. DW says " I don't know how you can work all day and come home and do more stuff ". I do need to do stuff at home to wind down.
Good luck to both of you, keep us posted on results.
Kris, maybe some motivation for you, loser drives home? LOL

Hmmm, Sriracha maple syrup?:scratchin

Kris, Doing great on Rehab. Still not ready to play tennis yet. I did fall on New Year's day going down the steps from the bedroom area. Arnold was at the neighbors & had to lay their until he came home. I could not get up. Did not damage the hip, but the rear end was killing me. Missy is sure missing Suzy as we are also. Continue to have a great stay & hopefully we will see you & others in May! Safe travels home.

Sorry I haven’t been posting, DD24 is here with us and we have been trying to get as much park hopping done as possible. It has been almost 2 years since her last visit and with finishing law school and preparing to take her bar exam it may be just as long before she can return again.
The park crowds have lessened this week and we have got a lot accomplished. We were fortunate to get FP for Avatar Flights of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash. Today is her last day here before she flies out tomorrow.
DH has been busy doing some renovations to the RV. We took out the dinette and replaced it with chairs. We will also be replacing the love seat/sofa bed when the new chairs arrive. Does anyone know what we can do with the love seat?
It was cold yesterday but the Canadians were able to handle it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!