HEA Dessert Party

I haven't posted on the DIS in awhile but I was quietly following this thread. Tried at midnight, kept trying til 12:30 just in case. Made it in bed by 1, up my 5:45, refreshing on my phone and got April 3 pre-party! Opening night!! I like the pre because once everyone streams out, we will go jump on some attractions without much wait. I love to stay at the parks until closing.

Then I went back to bed until 10am...thank goodness I took today off!

Ugh! I was up at 5:45a, refreshing the page until they went live. I really wanted the post-party, but I kept getting errors when I tried on 2 days. I was able to book a Seats and Sweets for my preferred day, so I took that and keep trying for the post-party. A time comes up for the post-party like there is availability, but when I try to book it, I get an error message. I finally tried calling a half hour ago. Took about 10 minutes to get an agent and suspected pretty quickly that I should hang up and call back for a different agent. She asked 3 different times what park I would be in, despite me asking for the Magic Kingdom Happily Ever After dessert parties. She stumbled around for about another 10 minutes, then put me on hold. After 10 minutes on hold, the call disconnected. So I'm now on hold for my second attempt at booking over the phone.

ETA: So second attempt netted me a more knowledgeable agent and some information but still no reservation for the post-party. She told me there are known errors occurring for both agents and guests, that there is still likely availability but it can't be accessed until the system is fixed, and to keep trying.

Last edited:

I was one of the ones up at midnight franticly refreshing the page for the seats and sweets party but gave up a little after 12:30. Up this morning and was able to book the seated party for my date in early May! We have not done a fireworks party since the price was $50 per person! LOL

If the April party goers could share your experiences with us that would be great! DH and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary so this is a splurge and I am hoping it is memorable and worth the expense.

Has anyone done Treats & Seats (Seats & Sweets) with the worst possible table and still had a good evening and been able to see fireworks and a little bit of the castle? I'm trying to temper my expectations that I'll have the worst table.

Has anyone done Treats & Seats (Seats & Sweets) with the worst possible table and still had a good evening and been able to see fireworks and a little bit of the castle? I'm trying to temper my expectations that I'll have the worst table.
I've done that dessert party many times. Even at the good tables the view of the main character projections on the front of the castle are limited. The fireworks are off center but mostly visible. But it's so much nicer to eat and drink at a table with personal space that we find it more enjoyable than the better viewing location of pre/post parties. If I'd never seen HEA before I'd probably do pre/post. But for 2nd and beyond viewings I'd rather to sweets and seats.

Got post-party tickets for my arrival night in May - it was worth setting an alarm to wake up at 3AM today, I slept much better after I got my tickets :)

In the plaza viewing area, are you allowed to bring in other food to eat while you wait for the fireworks?

I was just looking at pics of the dessert parties before Covid and they look so much better! I hope they revamp it a bit more for HEA to make it closer to that. Pre-Covid, they had more savory options and also more of a variety of desserts. Last year when we went it seemed like almost every dessert was some sort of mousse or pudding. Cheesecake bites and more cake desserts would be awesome.

In the plaza viewing area, are you allowed to bring in other food to eat while you wait for the fireworks?
We did the pre-party earlier this month, and we did see several families with food in the viewing area when we went out after eating. They actually had a decent plan - late dinner of fast food sitting in the viewing area, then fireworks, then dessert! That's too much sugar that late for me anymore, but it sounded like a decent plan!!

We did the pre-party earlier this month, and we did see several families with food in the viewing area when we went out after eating. They actually had a decent plan - late dinner of fast food sitting in the viewing area, then fireworks, then dessert! That's too much sugar that late for me anymore, but it sounded like a decent plan!!
Awesome, thanks! I'm thinking a stop at Casey's or the spring roll cart before we head over to the viewing area would be perfect :)

We might do that too! Thanks for the tip. I'd planned to bring our popcorn bucket in but I didn't realize you could bring other foods.

I was able to snag the post dessert party on April 3rd ! If no one posts about the party - I will post all the things once I get a chance. Has anyone done the post party before ? If so what is the amount of time you have for desserts and drinks post fireworks ? It wasn’t really clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter