"He looks Australian"

minkydog

DIS Cast Member
:confused3 My husband just made this comment about someone on TV. He looks Australian? What does that mean? I didn't realize that Australians had a "look". DH says, Oh yeah, they all look like...well, Australian. :confused3 So, is it me or is this a dumb statement. Do Australians have a "look" that i'm not aware of?

I know what that means. Most Australian men look kind of wind swept and rugged and sunburned. (Its a good thing)

I don't think it's strange. People from a certain country do have a certain look. Whether Australian, Ireland, England, Russia and so on. Not 100% infallible, but to me, it's true.

And please, I do not mean this in any kind of racist way whatsoever, ok?

We have a friend who grew up in Australia. His mother is Portugese, his father is Indian. He has dark skin and dark hair. Then he pops out with this beautiful Australian accent which is quite unexpected! I wouldn't ever say he looks Australian! I guess I'd think of an Australian man as being more of a Crocodile Dundee-type!

I thought most Australians, (except the Aborigines) were British transplants? :confused3

I know what that means. Most Australian men look kind of wind swept and rugged and sunburned. (Its a good thing)

That's sort of the idea I have--but I think it should be said this way: "Most Australian men on TV and in the movies look kind of wind swept and rugged and sunburned."

The Australian men I've met in real life don't really have that "look."

That's sort of the idea I have--but I think it should be said this way: "Most Australian men on TV and in the movies look kind of wind swept and rugged and sunburned."

The Australian men I've met in real life don't really have that "look."

So true, I can't say I know anyone IRL that has that look. Probably because they are all on tv.

Was he drinking a Foster's and upside down?

We don't drink Fosters here. I think its just a marketing tool to sell it overseas. My DH says we ship the crap overseas and keep the good stuff. :thumbsup2

I'm from Canada but I've been living downunder for the past year now and Aussies do have their own look, especially down here on the coast!

The men especially have that rugged, tan, surfer, laid back look! Also the indigenous community here have a very unique look as well that is very distinguishable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter