• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HDDR vs. Offsite Dinner Shows

mrzrich

DIS Veteran
Would like to do a dinner show on my upcoming trip...It will be me, DH, DS6, DS2 (turning 3 on this trip). Thought about HDDR, but have always wanted to see Arabian Knights or Dolly's Dixie Stampede. Any advice? :confused3

I have done HDDR, Medieval Times, Pirates Dinner Adventure and Dixie Stampede (in Myrtle Beach). I would say it all depends on what your kids are into. If your kids like action and to be entertained, I would say don't do HDDR. JMO The other three I mentioned were all very good shows with lots of action. My DS was 9 when I took him to HDDR and he liked it, but probably wouldn't have at 3.

My DS has been 3 times (at 3, 4 and 5) and he enjoys it very much, but I don't think it's for every kid. My nephew (4) was totally disinterested.

I have made HDDR a tradition for every trip. It is such a great, fun , family show where they get the kids involved which they love. The food is SOOOO GOOOD :thumbsup2 The show is definitely overpriced though as is most everything in WDW, but a guaranteed great time by all.

I still remember Arabian Nights from my first trip back in 1994...it's an excellent show. Dixie Stampede is not that entertaining unless you are into the Civil War and history.

What I liked about Arabian Nights (I was 11 at the time) was the story and the horses. Aladdin had just come out and the show is based on 1001 Arabian Nights. Its less cheesy than HDDR.

But, it all comes down to what your kids are into. Both Arabian Nights and Dixie Stampede are very equestrian driven. If your kids aren't into horses they may be rather disinterested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter