Hawaii COVID Testing

Sharing my experience with Walgreens ID Now in Colorado. I took my test at 1pm yesterday and when I didn't have the results by 1:30pm today I called the pharmacy. The person I spoke to was super helpful and said they had the results but hadn't had time to email them. So while I was on the phone I received the email from PWN health with my negative test results. Over the last month they added more pharmacies giving the ID Now test. When I looked a month ago I was going to have to drive about 40 minutes but when I went to schedule the test on Sunday, the 4 Walgreens in my city were offering the test. So keep checking.

My sister took her test at Kaiser in Southern California and she got her results in less than 24 hours. Time to finish packing now.
How far in advance can you book your ID now test at Walgreens? We don’t go into September. I’m hoping that we don’t have to test then and a vaccine will be fine...but I want to be prepared just in case...

DS is in Kauai now, scheduled to fly home on Friday/Saturday. He actually went for the PCR test to our local Walgreens with plans to also get the ID Now the day before flight just in case. Closest Walgreens was an hour away. Day before he was to fly out, 5/12, our local Walgreen's had the ID Now test as well. He told me I read it wrong, but I didn't. I even took a screen shot! :) No problem scheduling it at all.

The poster up thread who said to keep checking their site as they keep adding Walgreen's offering the ID Now test is correct. I just checked now, and all of the Walgreen's within an hour of us are now offering the test.

He is having a blast. His friend's company is actually looking for an engineer, same field as my son. I, not so subtly, suggested he should check it out. It would ultimatley be a pay cut for him, but I think that is something you should go for when you are young and without responsibilities.

And mom would be happy to visit!

How far in advance can you book your ID now test at Walgreens? We don’t go into September. I’m hoping that we don’t have to test then and a vaccine will be fine...but I want to be prepared just in case...

I was able to schedule my appointment on Wednesday 3 days prior, on Sunday. In my area (Colorado) there were appointments available every 15 minutes all day.

June 8th trip coming up and I am a little nervous. Was anyone able to get ID now test on Sunday? I'm afraid to do it on Monday the day before. Thanks in advance!

Also we are flying to Honolulu after 4 days in Kauai. Do we need another ID now test to fly out of Kauai to Honolulu? Thanks!

June 8th trip coming up and I am a little nervous. Was anyone able to get ID now test on Sunday? I'm afraid to do it on Monday the day before. Thanks in advance!

In my area (Houston), the ID Now tests are available 7 days a week. We tested today and had our results back in a few hours.

Edited to add: I recommend testing as early as possible. My friend's daughter had an invalid test result which required a retest the following day.

Also we are flying to Honolulu after 4 days in Kauai. Do we need another ID now test to fly out of Kauai to Honolulu? Thanks!

Everywhere I have looked says that you need another covid test for inter island travel to any other island (other than Oahu). You can travel to Oahu from another island without re-testing. We are doing the same thing and were originally going to fly from Kauai to Maui but changed plans due to testing.

DS came back last Friday. They were on Kauai and considered traveling to another island , but he said they would have needed to quarantine. I don't know how thorough they were in checking on this, it just might have been too much trouble for the week they were there.

DS came back last Friday. They were on Kauai and considered traveling to another island , but he said they would have needed to quarantine. I don't know how thorough they were in checking on this, it just might have been too much trouble for the week they were there.
You don't need to quarantine if you have a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to arriving at the new island.

Does anyone have any CVS success stories? Walgreens isn't an option where we're getting tested. I'm curious to hear from people that got results within 72 hours and I have a few follow-up questions :o

We fly to Maui on Monday and took Walgreen Rapid ID Now test yesterday. I got the email for my son's test within an hour but my results took 6 hours. I was 99.9% sure I was negative since I test at work but was still a relief when my test finally came back. Both results have been uploaded and now to pack!

Does anyone have any CVS success stories? Walgreens isn't an option where we're getting tested. I'm curious to hear from people that got results within 72 hours and I have a few follow-up questions :o
I had to take my daughter to the local CVS for a PCR for camp last week. I took her at 2:40pm, and before 7am the following day, the results were texted to me. Much faster than I expected. Test was on a Thursday and results on Friday morning. My older DD is going to the camp a few weeks later, and I plan to do the Walgreens ID NOW test (since the camp will take either PCR or NAAT), and the CVS PCR as a back up.

We fly to Maui on Monday and took Walgreen Rapid ID Now test yesterday. I got the email for my son's test within an hour but my results took 6 hours. I was 99.9% sure I was negative since I test at work but was still a relief when my test finally came back. Both results have been uploaded and now to pack!
do you have to fill out the waiver application to upload?

do you have to fill out the waiver application to upload?

i uploaded the PDF of negative test results we got back from Walgreens. We flew Alaska, Boston-Seattle-Maui, in Seattle we got our Hawaii pre-clear wristbands at the gate after showing ID and QR code. For us the process was very easy and we have enjoyed our first full day here on Maui!

i uploaded the PDF of negative test results we got back from Walgreens. We flew Alaska, Boston-Seattle-Maui, in Seattle we got our Hawaii pre-clear wristbands at the gate after showing ID and QR code. For us the process was very easy and we have enjoyed our first full day here on Maui!
how did you upload it?

My boys used CVS. One in Chicago and the other in California. Both had results in under 48 hours. Longer than 24, but below 48.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter